Rogue respecs

Crikrunner

I think i'm going to take ghosa to something like this:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classe...303100303110100

I had a few "wasted" points though, that I didn't like spending where I did. I definatly think this new patch will make alot of tri spec rogues, kind of like the old shaman mold. I wanted keep my current sword build as much intact, while adding improved sap to it. I think this gives me lots more versitility, while loosing some damage. Any suggestions?

Combat: Daggers (3/35/13) ala Sabrianica. I think this will be a lot of DPS in PvE, but will be a tad gimped in PvP. It's my plan, I'd like to see other people's plans for comparison. Unfortunately, I will have to wait until I get home to do so. Worldofwarcraft.com just got blocked from the dozen or so of us that play here at work - :p

@ Crikrunner - while I reserve the right to review the talent tree you have above when I get home and change my mind, I have never been a fan of the tri-tree concept, except in the case of my Warrior (26/10/15). Personally, I like doing as much damage in the PvE realm as possible, and seeing as I have neither the time nor inclination to push for HWL, PvP is about rep for me, so I don't really need to have a build that would be viable in that arena. I do pretty well in PvP with my current build, and I like the damage I do against mobs.

Below you'll see why I chose the talents I chose. Hope this makes sense to anyone other than myself:

Assassination Tree

Improved Eviscerate 3/3 - Yummy. 15% more damage on the finishing move du jour means I can kill that much sooner.

Combat Tree

Improved Sinister Strike 2/2 - Spam for less.

Lightning Reflexes 5/5 - Get hit less.

Deflection 5/5 - Get hit less. Combined with Lightning Reflexes, that is a 10% chance to NOT get hit. Add in Riposte (below) every time I parry, and I take even less damage.

Precision 5/5 - Increase my chance to do more damage than my opponent.

Riposte 1/1 - After I parry, I take away the main hand weapon. Fury Warriors and Other Rogues are now just play things.

Dagger Spec 5/5 - 5% more Crit goodness

Duel Wield Spec 5/5 - 50% more offhand damage goodness

Blade Fury 1/1 - Combined with Slice & Dice, this is an absolute MUST for today's avante garde Combat Rogue. AoE + Faster Attacks... Nothing like Eviscerating two targets for the price of one.

Weapon Expertise 2/2 - 305/300 in weapon skills means less missing with EITHER weapon, which means more DPS from me.

Aggression 3/3 - Sinister Strike and Eviscerate (Combat Rogue Bread and Butter) do 6% more Damage. Combined with Improved Eviscerate from Assassination (15%+6% = 21% more) this is just plain enticing.

Adrenaline Rush 1/1 - Rogue self-innervate. Going that heavy into Combat without getting it seemed pointless to me.

Subtlety Tree

Camoflauge 5/5 - Filler.

Sleight of Hand 2/2 - Yummy threat reduction and crit taken reduction

Opportunity 3/5 - Filler. Yes, it increases damage from Backstab, but I currently solo more than I raid dungeons, so this isn't as necessary for me as it might be later on.

Initiative 3/3 - 75% for an extra CP on opening moves?! i have had this now for a while, and I can't see living without it ever again. I love having 5 CPs before the stun of Cheap Shot wears off.

Edited by Jeroabem/Sabrianica

Bah, one spec > another spec...yawn. Try em all, see what you like, and go with it. For pure damage classes, it's really all about how you like to play and what you think you'll be facing. Considering that we're not fighting Nefarion next week, I don't think it really matters which excels in that fight...I'm sure he can afford a respec by then if it's that important >:L

Daggers are positional and tend to be more crit-dependent, but if you don't mind running around alot, who cares? Swords are great for higher white damage and steady DPS rather than the spiky nature of dagger damage, but reduces your ability to deal higher burst damage. *shrug* Up to you how to spec...I like my cookie-cutter build quite a bit because it grants me enough flexibility in PvP and PvE to be able to contribute in the way that I enjoy...sapping, stunlocking, backstabbies, etc....most of it worthless in MC or above, but I could care less about that >:L

Jeroabem - The softer, gentler side of how I play WoW. (Heal me! Throw Totems!)

Sabrianica - The "Hey boy! You just knocked the $(^% out" side of how I play WoW.

Relsieh - The "You need Water for questing at level 30? You need more Mana? Here! Let me help!!!!"

I play Sab when I need to be aggressive to relax at the end of the day. I play Jeroabem when someone needs help.

Almost all our rogues specced out of seal fate when 1.11 went live.

When they were able to go to PTR 1.11 they got all the free epics characters, which were sword rogues. Within like 2 months they were combat :p.

Combat is the best for dps over time, and raiding. Its just not as good for pvp.

Seal Fate is PvP spec. It's Tier 0 dungeon spec. It works in MC and BWL, but you have to work damned hard to keep up with Combat Tree Spec'd rogues for DPS - which is what we are there for. Naxx will be all about the Subtelty (Serated + Hemo) + Assassination (Imp KS) Rogue once 1.12 goes live: +X% damage from ALL sources for the next 1-5 seconds on mobs that can be stunned. I might end up taking less points in Combat so that I can pick up one or the other, probably Imp KS, and just use Tea for getting more energy.

Don't mess with me kid, I'm a lawyer...ok, I'm really not, but I have done all the research in the world that I care to do, gotten advice from far better Rogues than I will ever be, and have found the spec that works best for what I want to do with my Rogue. You go play your rogue how you find it fun to play.

Waldonnis said it best: This Spec > That Spec...yawn. You play your Rogue how it is fun for you and I will play mine how I like.

Edited by Jeroabem/Sabrianica

meh research is nice but my fury build on my warrior is what all the "warrior gurus " on the forums say not to do .. you give up to much .. i think i do just fine..

what that ramble means :dancing_smile:?

seal fate for the win.

and im out !

true story.

Seal Fate is the gimp! :laugh:

I am now 16/33/0 - Combat: Daggers build. Yes, positioning is key here, and I might respec to be swords, but the numbers stay.

Why?

Adrenaline Rush = unlimited energy for 15 seconds.

Blade Fury = Rogue AoE and faster attack speed.

Relentless Strikes = Free CPs

Ripost = You have no weapon fool!

Popping AR + BF + SnD = unlimited CPs = carnage, pure, unadulterated, unmitigated, irrefutable carnage.

You go play all Sealy Fatey. I'll get up in their grill and have a conversation about DPS. mmm'kay?

:D

Sleyvas, you're still the special one. :p

I agree with Waldy. Play what you like. Who cares :p

I personally solo so much that I enjoy the Assn/subtlety build. Even with the patch coming, I don't think I'll spec back out of it. Obviously there will be a slite modification of the point distribution, but over all I like having my cold blood and my perperation with a bit of combat mixed in. Makes for helluva fun doing solo boss mob fights and all around stealthy fun. Rogue 30 second tank for the win :p