AQ20 Policies

Crikrunner

*Updated 7/19/6*

*Updated 8/6/6* *changed attendance*

*Update 9/26/6* *changed to round robin loot* *idols now go to guild bank*

Sign ups will be posted monday nights sometime between 7-11pm est. On Friday of each week, I will go through the list and approve people into the raid. This will be based upon past attendance in order to have a more regular group. If 5 shamans signup I will take the 2 with the best past attendance. Please sign up by friday and check the sign up saturday if your curious who's going this week. I take 2 of each class every week, 3 warloks and 3 priests are needed for moam. The extra 2 slots i try to rotate to get other classes to have 3 at best i can. While I'd like to take new people each week, I want to give the option to go to those that have been coming all along first.

Scarabs and Idols will now go to the skull crusher bank. ((I wish I had started this way all along)) This is so when you win the ring/cloak/hilt we can give you the needed idols and scarabs so you can hopefully turn it in right away :). As we just changed to this method on the 14th week, may take a few weeks for the idol bank to fill up to 2 of each. If you have past idols you don't have the quest item for atm, please send them to the guild bank. If you have a quest item and rep to turn it in, but lack the idols/scarabs let me or Gordantell know we'll get them to you as soon as we can.

Loot will be passed out based on weeks coming without recieving an item of that type. 3 seperate counters will be kept for all that attend. One for quest items (ring/cloak/hilt), one for epic drops, one for class books. When you win an item your counter goes back to zero for the next week. Items that drop will be offered to the individual with the highest counter for that item. For example a class book drops, Sally has 10 attendance points for quest items, Bob is next highest with 8, and Alex with 0. Sally get the book, next week Sally will have a counter of 0, Bob @ 9, and Alex @ 1. Passing is always an option and encouraged if you don't have the rep for the turn in yet. Rep is as follows:

Ring = Honored ( easy to get to , do all the slithius quest and farm for 40 hours or run aq a few times)

Cloak = Revered ( a lot of work 100+ hours of farming or about 10 aq runs + lots of farming )

Hilt = Exalted ( a ton of work 1000+ hours of farming or 30 ish aq runs maybe more )

I will post your loot counters every week when i get chance it will be in a x / y / z format for the 3 types and preceeded by your life attendance. Regular blue drops from bosses / trash mobs , will be rolled upon by any that wish to use it. Any unwanted items will be disenchanted and the mats rr'd even if it's a nexus crystal.

Please note AQ20 is not for the impatient. Only 1or 2 books and 1 quest item drop off each boss, with less than a 5 percent chance for the bosses epics to drop. It may take 20 or more weeks to do a full cycle of class books, the main reason I encourage you to come is the approximatly 1000 cenarion hold rep you get from coming. This can help you get some nice quests done in slithius that require doing missions, and for the aq quest sets (ring/cloak/weapon ie hilt).

My goal with this raid is to have fun, and learn to take down some new bosses that often require more planing to take down then gear, or mass amounts of potions (:tease:). Any one wanting to donate the following: Fish Oil, Stranglekelp, Liferoot (for lesser nature pots for buru/ayamiss/general/kurnaxx) please send em to me or my Alchemist Putralia; also dream dust/dream foil for arcane pots for Moam. Sprint Potions are also helpful for Buru/Ossirian

Dabu latz, see you on sundays.

Edited by Crikrunner

• 2 months later...

Playing Devils advocate here. I want to see this raid go zero sum. In the weeks weve done this, I have seen no mage books drop save for last night, Fireball finally dropped. I lost the dice roll, fair enough. Now next week what happens if Frostbolt drops and again I lose it to the random number generator. Doesnt really make the raid worth my while does it?

Discuss.

Edited by Chrysalia

I can't really be unbiased, because I have all three of my books from AQ20, but that being said, I agree with Chrysalia. In the end, the goal with this raid is to have fun, and learn to take down some new bosses, so let's not lose sight of that.

I would like to see some sort of "Zero Sum-like" weight given to people who have attended the most. I think I have been there since the first week, and other than the quest items (Ring, Hilt) or anything nice that Ossirian might have for Rogues, I only want one item from AQ20 - the Dagger. Like Chrysalia has hinted at, I can see where I might get a little steamed if I lost out to someone who had not put in the time and effort that the rest of the regulars and myself as put in simply because a random number generator favored the other player, especially on an item that has dropped once out of, what - 12 weeks...

We already have a similar system in place for the scarabs based on attendance, just making all the loot on this same scale shouldn't be too difficult. It's not my call, but Chrysalia has a valid point. Is it something that could be considered?

EDIT: Winning Backstab 9 with a roll of "1" was hilarious, by the way.

Edited by Jeroabem/Sabrianica

Doesnt really make the raid worth my while does it?

well if all you want is instant gratification then no I dont think that its worth your time.. Took me months to get all of my books, an I only got the last one because it was an extra.. This is a small format raid instance, the number of people who go stay pretty much the same each week, so there is a chance you wont get ' phat loot ' an theres a chance you will. Minus the books in all the time I have ever gone there I got pretty much ZERO loot minus the quest idol drops an the chance to burn rep. The two pieces I have I got the QUEST boss drops from a SINGLE BoTB raid I went on (also picked up 1 of my three books).. Thats the way things go sometimes, enjoy it an dont let greed get in the way of a good time. Its not like there is a huge turn over in players. I havnt had a chance to go since i burned myself out on the rep grind but advent I would like to head back in again, an a DKP system of anything just wouldnt sound right to me. Yeah you dont want ' join today , pillage , never see me again ' types in there but since this is mostly a friendly raid of fellow guild mates that shouldnt be a problem..