PvP round two?

Targets: Gryphon Masters in Lakeshire (Red Ridge), Darkshire and Sentinel Hill (Westfall).

Requirements: Must have the Grom'gol -> Flame Crest flight path. Must have Team Speak. Must be willing to execute as directed.

Purpose: Gauging the Alliance response to a series of raids much closer to one of their Capital Cities (Stormwind)

Plan: The raid (a full forty strong) will meet up in Grom'gol. Not in Orgrimmar. Grom'gol is more secluded than our capital, and will allow the raid to progress more quietly and more unseen compared to the potential of discovery at our main gates.

From Grom'gol, we will depart by Wind Rider to Flamecrest where we will mount up and ride hard for Lakeshire (Red Ridge). We will cross the Bridge and assassinate the Gryphon Master and any guards that are in place or spawn. We will remount and follow the road to the "Three Corners" location. From there we will split into two groups. Group A will consist of groups 1-4 and Group B of 5-8. Both groups will ride along the border of Darkshire and Goldshire to the bridge that separates Darkshire and Sentinel Hill. Group A will ride through the fields to the Gryphon Master in Sentinel hill while Group B heads into Darkshire for the Gryphon Master there.

Group A will ride from Sentinel Hill THROUGH Goldshire back into Lakeshire to kill the Gryphon Master and Guards there a second time after they have killed the Gryphon Master there. After killing the Gryphon Master in Lakeshire a second time, ride hard for Flame Crest and then fly by Wind Rider to the Undercity where the celebration will ensue.

Group B will ride from Darkshire to a little Alliance Camp just inside Stranglethorn Vale and kill the Gryphon Master there before riding back to Grom'Gol. Once in Grom'gol, they will catch the Zepplin to the Undercity where the celebration will ensue.

Ok, this sounds like fun, but - Why? Recently, Thrall himself was attacked. There is discusion of a possible massive counter-attack on the Dwarf King with Stormwind being attacked as a diversion. What I have laid out above has been laid out as a diversion-within-a-diversion for the attack. It would allow for more people to be a part of the campaign and, honestly, would make for more nose rubbing. I am personally not a huge world PvP fan, and never will be, but I am tired of the unanswered attacks on Cairn, Sylvanas and now Thrall by Gothalion, Dark Paradigm and Black Phoenix. The RP to support this is as a reprisal/probe to test the Alliance for their attack. If we can successfully pull this off, then our leadership can go to the other members (proposed) of the main attack and say "Hey - while you guys are doing this, why don't we go do this".

I know I am a peon, I know I don't have the authority or permission to plan raids, but when the time comes, I would like to do this. Until then, can someone shoot holes in the plan and help find the flaws so that when it goes off, it does so smoothly?

Oh, and incase there are Alliance spies in our midst, the final version of this plan is different enough that you might be able to slightly counter, but not stop this from execution. :p:orc:

A sound plan.

Any thought as to the retaliatory attacks following though?

Any alliance defenders showing up to Stranglethorn will more than likely vent their frustrations on Grom'gol.

They may also send a group from Ironforge to the nearby post of Kargath or Arathi as well.

Not necessary to defend them, but not bad spots to hunker down if you want to take a swing at the alliance war party either.

As for a possible strike on Ironforge itself.....I know of a couple of spots one can summon an entire raid in complete seclusion

Any thought as to the retaliatory attacks following though? Possibly. In the larger picture, this would be implemented as part of a 4 raid attack. We would be phase 1 where people would be drawn away from Stormwind. Phase and Raid 2 would be to pull them back from us to Stormwind AND to yank others away from the real target. Phase 3 and Raids 3 and 4 would be going off about the time we would be arriving at UC.

Any alliance defenders showing up to Stranglethorn will more than likely vent their frustrations on Grom'gol. They may also send a group from Ironforge to the nearby post of Kargath or Arathi as well.

Not necessary to defend them, but not bad spots to hunker down if you want to take a swing at the alliance war party either.

If they attack Grom'gol instead of going for the "Rope-a-Dope" raid at Stormwind, we would be a single Zepplin ride away. Same for Hammerfall - except one flight away. Heck, we could even continue the ruse by repeating what we did last week.

As for a possible strike on Ironforge itself.....I know of a couple of spots one can summon an entire raid in complete seclusion. After speaking with one of the other "people" who MIGHT be involved, Ironforge is probably gonna be ruled out due to the fact that the server would not be able to handle the load of us pulling this off. If we went that route, there would be 160 people duking it out with at least DOUBLE that number all on the same continent. Our goal is to hit the Alliance square in the nose, bloody it, and get them to remember their place. Like the person I spoke with and I agreed, we may have a smaller talent pool to draw from, and our gear may not be on par with what we are facing, but we make up with it in talent and class.

We don't wanna crash the server - which we could very, very easily do. We just want to kill 1, may 3 Alliance leaders in one night.

Sign me up. No, really..whoever the mastermind is behind this, I want in. The attack on Orgrimmar was the last straw for me. The Alliance will know that we are not just mere content for them to farm faction from. We fight, and we fight back hard.

I would even be willing to lead a raid on Darnassus to take out Tyrande. I already have my spot picked out to summon in an entire raid unnoticed.

My original choice was Jaina, but apparently she is nearly impossible to take out as she has the tendency to teleport half your raid, or more into the middle of Theramore Bay.

You may just be a peon, but you speak with fire and constitution. I respect that, and I will pledge my services to this cause.

I would love to assault something like ironforge but when it comes down to it we lack the numbers an gear.. Ironforge is wall to wall powergamers who have nothing better to do then run around in Noxx gear 3 days after the instance went live =) Now darnassus on the other hand, that place is ripe for plunder when I had to do the 'Steal their flame' tasks I walked in without a single problem an saw only a FEW people who would have put up a fight.. It would be very easy for 3 people to infiltrate an building (of which there ARE many that are uttlery unused within the city) maybe 2 rogues an one warlock.. an we could pour out like the hounds of hell an just level the place.. =) That an its a bit of a run to get there by any alliance an only one in a million server characters alliance side are hearthed there im sure.. =)

It REALLY pisses the alliance off...

I remember when I used to Duo them with an old mage friend who transfered off the server...

It was so much fun, not easy either with the two of us... but funny as all heck

Understand something here, please. There are plans for an overwhelming, undeniable response already in the works. This plan is a part of that plan. Depending on which of the two "targetted" capitals are involved, this might also be considered a dress rehersal.

Attacking the FMs get's attention. It gets people moving. Being able to simultaneously attack multiple FMs can limit response times between zones. Being able to simultaneously attack FMs while three other major raids are going off sends the message that you don't come after Cairne, Sylvanas and Thrall and expect to get away with it.

While we have the heart, we (Clan Skullcrusher) do not have the gear to go toe to toe with the big dogs in Iron Forge. We will be relegated to supporting the raid as a diversion. Our job is to pull bodies out of the capital city we will be close to so that the main diversion (which is hitting that city) gets the attention it will need. That way, when the main attack goes off, most of the PvP oriented crowd will be focusing on the diversionary raid allowing the two other raids to take down their target.

If I can get the Chief's blessing, I will set a date and time and start planning this out in full.

EDIT:

Here is what I am thinking:

Personally, I don't care for World PvP. That being said, I am getting damned tired of Gothalion and the crew running to our cities for a boss attempt anytime they want to thinking there is gonna be no reprisal. I think for one day we can afford to pick up the battle standards and go off on a little smackfest ourselves. Getting the Alliance to just STFU for a week about World PvP would be incredible. Make them realize that they are not nearly as safe from PvP as they think they are, nor is the Horde as apathetic about world PvP as the Alliance thinks we are.

Recently, Clan Skullcrusher and Sons of Draenor (sp?) went on a little merry making PvP run. We simultaneously hit Southshore and Refuge Point, then rode up and smacked Aerie Peak. After that, we were riding for Proudmoore at Theramore when we rode smack into an Alliance Onyxia raid. We got crunched something good.

The thing is, the Alliance took forever to respond to Southshore and Refuge Point. By the time we started noticing people arriving, we were already moving on.

I think that the multi hit as detailed here would be great for a plan, but a better diversion would be an attack on the Elf Captial would serve better for pulling people away from Iron Forge and Stormwind than hitting Stormwind itself would.

Why?

1.) It's farther away and would register more alarm when it is attacked, especially if it is done in force (not 20-30, but a full 40).

2.) The Archdruid is very, very close to the entrance and can be engaged with a minimal potential DKs. Again, having the diversionary raid attacking the Archdruid would lend to the pucker & pull factor than just dropping the General at the gates of Stormwind.

3.) Assembly is just as sneaky as the Stormwind raid would be, and would rely on maybe 4 warlocks summoning in 10 people each prior to attack. If there was a sub-diversionary raid somewhere near Auberdine, the warlocks could easily slip onto a ship and get into position for summoning the raid.

• This is where some smaller guilds would/could come into play. Hitting Auberdine hard enough to draw a response before fading into the forest to go hit Astranaar or another Alliance FP would point another diversionary finger at Darnassus vs. the real target: Iron Forge

Other than that, I think this would be fun and worth a couple DKs just to throw both fingers up and call it a "tit-for-tat" thing.

If we hit Stormwind as a diversion like the original plan would suggest, smaller diversionary raids hitting the Lakeshire, Darkshore and Sentinel Hill Gryphon Masters & guards from Flame Crest would be great. It would allow the summoners for the Stormwind attack to sneak into Goldshire from Grom'gol while the Alliance are riding all over the three other shires trying to keep up with the hit & fade group.

Here's how I would task the battle plan:

Raid A: Clan Skullcrusher, Ani Ayastigi and members of the Argent Covenant (40 man raid) - Lakeshire, Darkshore, Sentinel Hill Gryphon Masters from Flame Crest. Using Clan Skullcrusher's Raid TS. (some are MC Geared)

Raid B: Blackfang Brotherhood, Divine Dominance (40 Man Raid) - Storming Stormwind Using either BFB's TS or DD's Ventrillo Server. (MC Geared, some BWL Gear, possibly some AQ40 Gear)

Raid C: Winter Wolves, Brotherhood of the Blade, Schadenfreude and Niveus Lepus (2 x 40 man raids) - Storming Darnassus. All on Winter Wolves TS Server (I know it can handle two 40 man raids at one time - it did it last night.) (MC, BWL Geared, possibly some AQ40 gear and some Naxx Gear beginning.)

Since I came up with this, I have spoken with Jorit, and I agree with him that the Lag in IF would make it impossible to kill the Dwarf King, and would more than likely cause a server crash. After talking to him, the real target would be Darnassus with the Diversion being Lakeshire, Darkshire, Westfall and Stormwind. Our part in that battle would be the first section of the original post.

Edited by Jeroabem/Sabrianica

Count me in man, question though, what good does killing the FM do? I dont believe it stops people from flying to that destination, does it?

Unfortunately killing the flightmaster doesn't prevent reinforcement from coming in. it just prevents people from running away i think.

Count me in man, question though, what good does killing the FM do? I dont believe it stops people from flying to that destination, does it?

Unfortunately killing the flightmaster doesn't prevent reinforcement from coming in. it just prevents people from running away i think.

Exactly. Anyone who responds would be stranded from the closest capital for a few minutes - 4-5 - allowing the raid there to dig in even deeper and make it seem like they are the main attack. When we split for the second FPs, the main attack would be getting ready to start in Darnassus and the main diversion would go off in Stormwind.

The one world PVP thing I would not condone is killing questmasters in the starting area.

Oh and dont be asshats on the WoW forums =p

I cannot condone the use of the word "pwn".

Obviously I'm not the Chief or an Elder, but that is my personal rule, and I challenge my fellow crushers to follow it as well.

PS: Some very exciting stuff is being discussed. If we're talking about bringing the fight to the Alliance's door, though. We should probably also spend some time talking about how we better defend our homelands.

Edited by Tainish

Speed of deployment from Flamecrest -> Westfall seems like it would be an issue. It's *very* difficult to hide in Alliance territory for long (easier as an individual, but any numbers greater than a pair are easily spotted), so it's likely that those arriving in Darkshire would be spotted quickly and word of mouth would begin to spread...

My suggestion, and it's barely one at that, is for the Westfall raiders leave from Grom'gol and swim to Westfall. Darkshore is pretty much the same time/distance from Grom'gol or the gates of the Steppes, so either would work for that. The concern would be that Lakeshire gets hit first and is unable to hold that FP, allowing the same group of Alliance to successfully defend all three points (since the other groups may be spotted along the way as well).

It's very easy to sneak into Darkshire unnoticed, and hardly anyone stays on the Westfall coast for long, but the fields south of Goldshire are littered with low-level Alliance alts just itching to raise the alarm....may make a simultaneous sneak attack on three points a bit easier if the forces arrive around the same time rather than having to hide until all are in position.

In all, sounds like fun and a good plan. I'd be happy to bring Tobalaya out for such an event. Even if things go wrong and we get stomped quickly, any message is better than no message :p

One other thing...hitting Darnassus would be easy...very easy...but nobody would care. SW and IF are "the heart" of the Alliance, with Darnassus being almost considered a thorn in their side due to the pain of getting to and from there and the sparse population of people at any given hour.

There is a very easy way to get there nearly undetected, though, that I'd be happy to share if interested...and TONS of places to hide without irritating guards or alarms (I've been to the NE starting area several times with Verissi). And if Kelani can get into Teldrassil to get an owl as a pet at level 11, we could certainly pull it off >:L

The one world PVP thing I would not condone is killing questmasters in the starting area.

Oh and dont be asshats on the WoW forums =p

That proscription against being an asshat doesn't include posts directed at Teran, right?

Another option that would really screw with the alliance if we could get enough horde together is to just form up and attack every alliance town/outpost in the game at once save for the capital cities and goldshire. They probably wouldn't know what to do when the world defense channel would light right up. This would take a ton more effort to put together and keep secret though.

If your going after Darnassus i would suggest killing the Flight Master in Auberdine first, or have a small contigent kill him while the rest move to the boat, this will mean that any Alliance counter attack will have to come via the boat which takes longer. plus you can leave a stealthed person near the portal to let you know what kind of reinforcements are coming.

I know it sounds lame but we need to be cognisent of alliance 'spies', ie hordies that are actually alts of alliance that are still loyal to that bunch. If we want to pull this off, surprise is of the essence. Plan in secret, know who you are letting in on the 'secret', ie the simultaneous targets. Each raid leader should not speak of the other targets to their respective raid.

Edited by Chrysalia

Don't forget that mages can teleport to Darnassus...just like any of the major cities. Even if you cut off the boats, a raid party could get there in a hurry.

Edited by Huato

I've often thought of a way to take out an alliance leader and the plan I am most fond of is the double main gate diversion. It would take a LOT of people though, three full raids would need to be formed. One to attack the Ironforge main gate, one to attack teh Stormwind main gate and one to actually carry out the assult on the leader, either the human or the dwarf one, having been summoned in earlier. The attack on the gate of the city which leaders NOT the target begins first, the second gate a minute later, drawing defenders away from the target, at which time the actually leader attack begins.

For this plan even less trusted guilds could be used, you wouldn't have to tell them about the main force, just have them attack the gate as if they were the main force, and if they leak it, no big deal, it just means more people will be AWAY from where we are.

For this plan even less trusted guilds could be used, you wouldn't have to tell them about the main force, just have them attack the gate as if they were the main force, and if they leak it, no big deal, it just means more people will be AWAY from where we are.

Exactly what I meant. Let the diversionary raid pickups think they are the main raid but keep the main forces with people we know we can trust not to leak the master plan.

Exactly what I meant. Let the diversionary raid pickups think they are the main raid but keep the main forces with people we know we can trust not to leak the master plan.

Here's something else to consider - what if I want it leaked to the Alliance? The reason I am choosing to involve certain guilds is that I know enough people to get a sense of who would or would not be interested and who can and cannot be trusted. The "Rope-a-dopers" - diversions from the main assault, will need the Alliance to look at them hard, considering them to be the main attack so that when the main attack DOES go off, people would be confused and/or committed enough to the diversionary raid that the main raid kills it's target with little to no resistance. Personally, I would like nothing more than to sneak a couple very low level warlocks into position (the lowest level where you can have the ritual of summoning) a couple days ahead of time and simply summon an entire raid into the middle of Stormwind/Darnassus and go at it like that, but that would be too easy, I think.

Like I said, if this goes off, it's gonna be a 4 raid ordeal. Planning with the right people, getting enough people interested would make for a lot of mayhem.

Theoretically, it could be pared down to a 2 raid ordeal involving summoning and 1.5 raids (60 people) assaulting the boss in a chosen area.

The beauty of this plan is the overwhelming movement and coordination. The bane of this plan is the overwhelming movement and coordination. Getting 160 people moving in the same direction at the same time is gonna be a logisitcal nightmare.

I wanna start with this small step first. Once Maube gives her blessing, away we go. And yes, Grimgor, I am drawing on your previous plan as part of the larger scheme.

Edited by Jeroabem/Sabrianica

I am curious: is this something you're wanting to run with? The RP PvP raids I had envisioned could easily suffer from "World PvP over-exposure" if it starts competing with your plan in terms of time required in WoW any given week. Understand that I was doing it to create something for the Skullcrusher/Sons community at the core, and the AC community around that. My ego is not attached, which is to say that if you are (or feel) more qualified and available to coordinate what I see can become an ever-growing responsibility, I will gladly hand the reins over. My time is hard to come by, so personally I would see it as a relief if you would like to do this. I only did it because sometimes it's a guild leader's place to go out and get something started... given the response, it seems that the style of raiding that I developed is an inspiring hit with people.

If not though, and they remain separate, I don't want to struggle to get enough participation with mine.

Edited by Grimgor