A New Age

Balandar

Enter a new age?  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Currently there are not very many people in the army system. And anybody who wishes to play will have a long long journey to catch up to the leaders (if ever). Please reply with your reasons after you vote..

I voted YES.

My thoughts are, that people in the front are extremely hard to catch if you start months after. That way, it is virtually impossible to have some sort of linear progression among the rankings, which allow all to play with the ones close to them in rank.

Moreover, I think the system can be reset every, let's say, 6 or 12 months, with the final rankings in a pinned post.

Also there can be two final rankings: The army ranking and wealth ranking, this is because wealth can be traded and divided in a way, which distorts the ranking. (current example: both Devin and Rusty can sell a few items, buy other things and fly past my second place, demoting me to fourth. All this even considering the waste of 25% in the sale of items). This is not a programming problem, because it doesn't need to be programmed, I don't mind calculating wealth for a few (1-3, not 10 :)) scores of players.

One bug: The spy missions have a problem.

Two minorities: Change "Citacel" to "Citadel" and "Stealph Horse" to "Stealth Horse"

I personally dont care I actually have been trying to figure out how to get off of there because I havent had as much time to pay attention to it and Devin keeps getting my money.

Rusty, or if anyone wants to quit the army add-on, just change your army type.

You will then lose everything and until you are timed out automaticly (I would guess two weeks) only newbies will get a little money from you, the stronger will lose more than they get in attacking...

A reset will even things out a bit. I also play Kings of Chaos and that is reset every so offten with a new age. With the vast amount of people play that one it can go a year ro 2. every 6-12 months sounds like a good plan. What ever you decide i will still play even if i have to wake up in the middle of the night to spend my cash so as not to lose it.

• 3 weeks later...

Currently, there are about 6 high powered (with a big variety between some of them) and 12 low powered so there may be enough battles to be won to catch the upper end, but it will take months nonetheless...

I would still vote yes, though.

i voted no,.reason being the people that are high up have worked hard to reach the top

it took them months and months to get there.

And trust me the battle to reach the top is not an easy one, but it can be done , first off you dump everything you have into defense , even myself to this day have to dump into defense vs the top two to maintain my status

But of late with all the complaints over it , its really no fun so i am opting out totally , because a game should be fun

So thus ya all won't have to worry about me

Should make some people happy

I went for yes myself. I am a latecomer into the game, and after a total mess up on the first time I started, began anew with a somewhat better build. I still made mistakes but with some advice, I have learned quite a bit in regards as to how things work. I think I would be able to put together a decent setup and reach the top eschelons even without a restart, but starting in this game late is extra tough.

If we were to do a restart though I would suggest perhaps advertising on all of the sub forums with a new start date and perhaps we could get a larger group than the 20 people that are presently shown in the lists. Right now, there is such a disparity of the bottom dwellers (me included) with the top, that it is in essence two games, and if one of us is able to break into the top, it will basically be just like starting over again in a new game.

Come on! you should attack others for their gold!

After all, it's a WAR game... if all would only sit and wait for the money to come, there would be no competition....

How else could I, or any other, get extra 1,816,975 gold in 4 days? >:L

(btw, that's doubling a 4 day income)

Gain 169,506 Gold

Gain 117,325 Gold

Attack Defended

Gain 417,966 Gold

Gain 70,563 Gold

Attack Defended

Gain 89,978 Gold

Gain 470,988 Gold

Gain 128,184 Gold

Attack Defended

Gain 104,510 Gold

Gain 26,258 Gold

Attack Defended

Attack Defended

Gain 87,613 Gold

Gain 134,084 Gold

Well it appears that the numbers of participants are dropping and those that remain have bunkered. with number one gaining 11 troops a day, I don't see anyone able to keep up with his production. the game will most likely stagnate from this point forward.

Just out of curiousity, does anyone know who physicalbabe is? She has not posts, and doesn't appear to be doing much with her build. Just curious if we have what would equate to a farm in our group.

Damn! just as i was about to spend too! nice shot Houli.

Ah, I see. So should I expect shots from you hourly now Houli? 25 turns in 5 minutes is a bit much don'tcah think?

Well it appears that the numbers of participants are dropping and those that remain have bunkered. with number one gaining 11 troops a day, I don't see anyone able to keep up with his production. the game will most likely stagnate from this point forward.

Many remarks: (I wrote "two", erased, wrote "three", erased, wrote "many" ;) )

1. When I started more than 8 months ago, Chris was already at where I am now. So, I am very satisfied with second at the moment!

2. The number of participants in the Army add-on has increased over the last 8 months in an average on 1 per month, so no worries about that.

3. Yes, number one may be gaining 11 soldiers a day, but consider the fact that, let's say, 10 other players have production 5 units per day. That is 50 soldiers a day. This is a big pool of moneymaking soldiers. This is the way to catch the leaders. No one said it would be easy nor quick.

4. Chris is apparently not attacking anyone, so let aside the fact that he's earning more than double than I, he IS giving others the small chance of getting close... I know that if I was 1st, I would do the same, at least until someone got too close :)

(because it's all about the challenge! <- That is why I voted YES)

5. How do you know Chris has production of 11? Did you just watch the daily change, like I do? because the spy doesn't work for me :D (SQL problem of sorts)

And... Devin where are you? come on! you have a new challenge!

I know, I will not step off my place just for the challenge, but if Chris and Dement will join me, I don't mind resetting with them...

Being a rabid gamer, yes I watch everything, and pay attention to every detail I can. At the moment, due to the great disparity of levels, there really is no way for those of us "little ones" to get close to the big guys.

yes, Chris is pulling 11 and the rest of the top eschelon are pulling 5 or 8 if i remember correctly, yet having 10 people gaining 5 while 1 person gains 11, means that the one person will easily outstrip the 10. Unless you know something I do not, beyond getting attacked there is no way to give my gold to an opponent. As Such, Chris can easily take his coin and spend it equally on defense and offense and none of us will be able to reach his pinnacle.

Consider, Chris owning 2000 troops at 25 gold per hour.... that equals 50,000 gold per hour. yourself Icuburn, are his nearest competetor, and you have a mere 844 troops (lets round to a nice even 850) so you are making 21,250 an hour. Now Chris's defense by virtue of his numbers of troops, is solid (and the disparity between himself and everyone else is growing day by day). In 10 hours time, Chris can buy either the top of the chart offense or defense. something you, (if you do not get atacked) can do only once a day. So, Chris can augment his offence and his defense with 1 piece of the top of the line item every day, whereas you can augment either your offense or your defense once per day with a top of the line item. And.... that is only if Chris ignores you. No, I'm willing to bet, that if you allowed your coinage to reach into the millions (which is what you would need to work on overcoming Chris's troop advantage) I'd be willing to bet, that Chris would look down upon you, and smite you mightily. You need 2,560,000 to go ahead and up yourself to 9 troops per day yes? (judging from the early progressions). Well I'd be willing to wager that a tasty target like that would not be ignored by the mightiest of all.

Although you mention we are gaining 1 person a month, we are also losing people every month. When I joined, there were 20 players, with the two people recently joined, now we have 19. And, I'm willing to bet both Rusty, and Crickrunner will either be leaving soon, or will remain in play meerly as gold farms. Rusty has already expressed his agnst over the inability to move forward in his game, Chrysalia, has already deleted due the huge disparity, others who I didn't even get to notice have already deleted, and considering the disparity of the top eschelon verses others is only growing wider, more people will follow.

Chris is the big winner of this game, He has kicked some serious butt. grown bigger thatn anyone else and, no one challanges his superiority. Next year at this time, No one will continue to challenge his authority. yourself Icuburn, are securely in second place. Has anyone even tried to challenge your position? When was the last time you had someone beyond Chris attack you? Are you even a little bit concerned that an attack from anyone but Chis will breach your defenses?

Now you mention that Chris is not attacking. I believe the reasoning behing this is twofold. First of all, he doesn't have to, he will continue to pull further and further away from any imagined competition. Secondly, because he is already so far beyond everyone else in the game, him attacking will cost him troops. For Chris, attacking is actually working to defeat his increasing lead.

This game is a game of numbers, and about the only thing I really understand is numbers. And at this point, the numbers say one and two are locked in. I'd wager in 6 months there will be a clear number 3 from the group of four that are vying for position. and the disparity between the top player and everyone else will continue to grow. This disparity between number two and the everyone else will continue to grow, and we will see a solid number three, who will also be outstripping the players below him.

at this point, there is no point. I can only stockpile enough coin to buy leather helms due to folks much larger than myself coming to visit. I don't have any other kind. no close battles or defends. And the leather helms aren't stopping them frpom hitting me. It's just safeguarding what little coin I can earn.

I say reset, but if'n you don't it won't stop me from playing. I'll just spam post the board to build if I have to.

Sorry Ice i will have to make you unhappy as i opted out, i was the brunt of something recently in the army system , so over the years i have learned to just opt out

Ask Kd sometime about all the crap that has happened here on boards or in game, And for some it was my fault freely admit that, but at least 89% i had proof that twas not me

so i quietly quit and will let you all have the fun ;) ya all know where you can find me in uo or D&D

and everyone knows if i can help you in uo with anything you want just ask ill do my best to find it

Cannot help anyone in D&D yet as i have to learn my way around :dancing_smile::cool:

Thanks Devin

Here ya go Ic, wanna see an attack log from one of us little ones?

result enemy losses my losses enemy damage my damage

Lost 445 Gold 0 0 252,103 2,338

Attack Defended 0 0 2,602 2,697

Lost 1,201 gold 2 0 259,502 2,419

Lost 777 Gold 3 0 280,805 2,540

lost 731 Gold 1 0 369,558 2,007

Lost 2,708 0 0 2,516 1,658

Lost 761 0 0 5,786 2,008

lost 10,060 0 0 4,363 1,645

The 10,060 loss nice shot btw was when I was turned a bunc of stuff in to buy something a little bigger to try to survive the onslaughts. Very nice shot.

The 2,708 I believe was an early early morning hit, and the 1,201 well I was prolly cloing in on 2k there.

Now I have sucked it up, taking the beating like a good little red headed step child, and yup, I could go hit others to get my losses back, but those others I could hit, they have been beaten in much that same way. no use hitting someone for their last 200 gold if it doesn't get me to a 2,500 break point now does it. And you surely don't expect me to be able to fend off an attacker that can do hundreds of thousands of points of damage with my forces now do you? So... if I am lucky, I get a couple o hats a day, so in say a month I will have the 80k in goods saved up to get my trooop recruitment up to 4, which will get me to only falling behind every day a little, another month to get the 160,000 to get my troop recruitment up to 5 which will get me up to staying behind an equal ammount to number 3,4,5,6.... and then perhaps another month to reach a point where I would be gaining. This all takes into account that I am actually able to spend what meager coin I get though which in general, just isn't happening.

Again, I ask you, when was the last time someone attacked you? and more importantly, was it successful?

Oh, and yes, I am using the 1,000 gold a post to replace my losses, so you'll prolly see quite a lot pof posts from me all over.

result enemy losses my losses enemy damage my damage

Lost 445 Gold 0 0 252,103 2,338

Attack Defended 0 0 2,602 2,697

Lost 1,201 gold 2 0 259,502 2,419

Lost 777 Gold 3 0 280,805 2,540

lost 731 Gold 1 0 369,558 2,007

Lost 2,708 0 0 2,516 1,658

Lost 761 0 0 5,786 2,008

lost 10,060 0 0 4,363 1,645

It took months to discover many tactics, but by reviewing exactly this table of Trademaster's attack log, I'm even more convinced you can keep up with the top, even with Chris and myself.

1. This is a HUGE tip, for those will see through to find it.

2. I am very serious. I'm not joking or mocking anyone. Really.

The 10,060 loss nice shot btw was when I was turned a bunc of stuff in to buy something a little bigger to try to survive the onslaughts. Very nice shot.

I can tell you, it is good luck in one day, and bad luck on another. That is why I wish ALL good luck :rofl:

Again, I ask you, when was the last time someone attacked you? and more importantly, was it successful?

After Devin and Rusty left or reset, and I am touch-and-go from Dement, only Chris can really get me, but, there is a BUT... Successful attacks is not all.

Oh, and yes, I am using the 1,000 gold a post to replace my losses, so you'll prolly see quite a lot pof posts from me all over.

Play Fair!!!! :D

I takes a long time to get all the facts, rules and 'intuitions' of the game. I threw many many advices around and I'm really sorry, but because of this there will be only a few that I will truly respect: Those who took the challenge, and didn't ask for anything.

Not that anyone 'needs' my respect but those who needed those advices, and asked for them, will know that they were helped, and by no other than their enemy. Any victory will not be as sweet as before. :rofl:

Archived