Priest, Shaman, and Druid love in 1.10

Huato

This is from a Blue post on the WoW forums:

Greater Heal (and Heal starting from rank2) will receive a reduction to its casting time. Currently the spell is a 4 second cast. However, once patch 1.10 releases, the spell, from start to finish will cast in 3 seconds - (2.5 with talent improvement). This spell, along with the Druid's Healing Touch and the Shaman's Healing Wave will all receive an approximate 10% improvement to mana efficiency.

I am! >:L

My Druid is Feral specced, but I just respecced my Shaman to Elemental/Restoration because my role is that of a healer and sometimes DPS in MC and ZG...and that's what the Shaman sets help with primarily, so this is good news for Huato.

The funny thing is I played Huato till 60 solely Enhance with a little elemental. Since then I've slowly come to realize that Shaman are better suited to staying out of the middle of combat and casting. We truley are a support class. Even in PvP we do better helping the warriors stay alive and increasing their DPS with our totems, and offering them added protection from fire, frost, or nature damage. Then it's fun the throw a chain lightning and watch it crit into a group too. >:L

My Druid is also feral specced, although I don't remember the last time I used healing touch. I would much rather use the HoT spells.

However, this is good news for those that spec in healing talents!

This is good news indeed. Hoofstomper is also feral spec (heavily so, actually) and I also prefer to stack a regrowth/rejuv more often than I use the HT spells, but I'm always happy to see mana efficiency improvements for any healing spell. Maybe I'll use it more often now, actually, since I always felt it to be somewhat of a waste in most of the circumstances that I run into soloing.

Priests are likely happy to see this as well, although a casting time change is going to throw off their timing a bit until they're used to it.

Now maybe Huato will not be the first to die anymore.

I guess I can get rid of my /rez Huato macro....

Not so fast there Uglutz! Better keep that handy just in case...I do tend to get carried away and into the thick of things that I shouldn't! >:L

Hey that is actually rather awesome. My two main alts are a shaman and a druid. Neither of them is specced for healing, but every little bit helps. Just to get a triple hit I was thinking of working on my priest some more as well, he is 26th now this might e an insentive to get my butt in gear.

Well, Benim will enjoy it. The casting time IS a huge improvement. But, if you read some of the Priest boards, other priests are complaining that we are losing our healing edge to the druids. Or, that the edge we have, is not commensurate with the Druids other abilities in tandem with healing.