Dark Iron Ore Needed!

Maube

Well mah frends... workin on the Thorium Brotherhood Rep for mah tailorin an enchantin! So ifin yah have any ub dis stashed away, I will buy it from yah fer a gold an ore. Cannae always promise tah have dah shineez on me... but ah will do what ah ken!

I need 240 ub dem... I currently have 45. So please send it COD!

Excuse me miss, the line starts---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------>back here. >:0

No, seriously. For endevors like these, we really must get everyone onboard the "good of the guild" philosophy. We must decide upon one person per tradeskill to gain the highest status and as a guild donate to that one persons reputation. In this way, everyone has a better chance at actually seeing those hard to get plans/recipies/fomula/etc We share openly therefore we only need one person to have the high faction to make the benefits available to all. Once that is accomplished, greed aside, there is little need to toil with the silly reputation grinds. Make sense?

Very true, however I am already honored with TB =p I am on all the bleepin time ::grins wickedly:: so I think I should be the one with the Epic tailoring patterns!

Besides... I asked first! muahahhahaa

Very true, however I am already honored with TB =p I am on all the bleepin time ::grins wickedly:: so I think I should be the one with the Epic tailoring patterns!

Besides... I asked first! muahahhahaa

I'm middle past honored with Thorium Brotherhood, but I'm into Blacksmithing plans, not tailoring >:0

And, besides that, the plans for blacksmith are cool, but not enough to make me grind the reputation.

Oh my how quickly the epeens burst forth >:0

I dont mind WHO we designate, only that we DO. Seeing as the we are reliant upon the miners to go along with us, repeatedly, its kinda in their hands.

The first step will be to determine which items are NEEDed first. Then find out who is closest to the faction per tradeskill and designate that person as "lead" for the guild effort. Then plan the many trips to the DI nodes. Then turn in the ore, smoking hearts, etc as necessary.

First...

Is this thread insanely wide for anyone else but me? If so can someone fix the post that is doing it.

Second...

Maube you need 2400 Dark Iron ore. 240 DIO will only get you 1200 rep not 12000. According to Kaer (who is working on this) the formula is 10 DIO = 50 rep. So, (240(need)/10(#per turn in)=24) (24(turn ins)*50(rep)=1200) as opposed to (2,400(need)/10(#per turn in)=240) (240(turn ins)*50(rep)=12,000)

So, this should be a guild wide effort.

Last...

I think for starters we would be better served using the Dark Iron to make Dark Iron pieces for our tanks because FR gear is where it is at late game. Kaer is Honored with TB and an Armorsmith. If we get the components he can make DI Head, Waist, Bracers. This will start our Tanks on the right road. Along with that we need to hit BRD and work on getting the Libram for the FR bonus to head I think the DI Healm with the Libram addon is like 55FR. Once we have our tanks setup I would suggest focuising on Maube or Vol and getting them up to Revered so we can have an internal +22 int enchant. The Revered+ DI pices are not as necessary for tanks as they have many options for FR gear.

Edited by morilen

I agree with Morilen. We have to have good fire resist gear for MC...we are not to Ragnaros yet and we're getting slaughtered by Baron Geddon who does nothing but fire damage (and a nasty magic effect) that is ripping us apart. I went down a couple times Saturday due to his fire damage, even with my fire resist over 125.

Ahh ok. You have like 43 stacks already? Go Maube!

As far as gearing up at least one tank with some FR gear it would take...

For Helm and Wrists 20 DI bars (5 DIO per bar I believe or 10 Stacks) With 7 Lava Cores and 5 Fiery Cores. Assuming we would have to buy the cores that is 360+ gold if those cores are 30 gp each.

So for 2 tanks we need 20 stacks,and them from there we can decide to start working on someone's faction. BRD BRD BRD we need to go there a whole lot. I think above and beyond my trying to do a weekly raid we should do a weekly BRD run as well.

• 3 weeks later...

I know my word doesn't count for beans, but the priority should be a main tank and off tank for fire resist plate gear. You can pretty much let everyone else slide(obviously not against Ragnaros but) as it pertains to their fire resistance armor. Try to get the blacksmith their dark iron to get their recipes for fire resist gear, then the cloth ones :D

Being that I have been spending my hard owned money to get the Dark Iron... I am gunna be possessive =p

I am not there for the Cloth Fire resist... right now trying to get the enchant. I have turned in (or have waiting to turn in) over 100 stacks of the stuff. Needless to say I am broke =p

Being that I have been spending my hard owned money to get the Dark Iron... I am gunna be possessive =p

I am not there for the Cloth Fire resist... right now trying to get the enchant. I have turned in (or have waiting to turn in) over 100 stacks of the stuff. Needless to say I am broke =p

Ouch yeah for awhile on Alliance side I purchased Dark Iron off the AH for our guild enchanter/tailor and blacksmith. Being that you're spending your own money, feel free to do with it as you want :) Which enchant are you going for? The +22 int? I'm not familiar with the faction enchanting recipes past honored.

Yup, 22 enchant for me :)

However, I have decided. I will give up half of my collection from here on in.

If we can get into MC, it will help to get up my faction with other items. So.. do we have a 'guild' smelter who I can send about 10 stacks of ore to?

• 1 month later...

just a point, being a smith. It's 8 ore for one Dark Iron bar.

I almost always need to go do DI turn ins, I'm currently holding 45 stacks for turn in.

If you like, and don't have a BS handy at the time, I'll go the extra steps to get to the forge to smelt them for ya. Just hollar. >:L