SB User Interface

Martok

I posted this question on the shadowbane discussion forum:  Has anyone heard any more information on how the interface will be? Will it be like EQ (strictly the keyboard) or more like a UO style (mouse usage with some keyboard)?

After being flamed, and yelled at for not posting that message on the Q&A forum, someone from Wolfpack actually sent me a response to my question:  

...and to answer your question, the interface will be more UO style, with a strictly 3rd person view, and mouse based movement, with continuos mouse movement (hold in the mouse button, and your character continues moving in that direction) you will be able to use keyboard shortcuts to kick off spells and attacks.

I must say, the main reason I didn't play EQ for more than a week was because of the interface.  I hated it!  I'm glad to see that SB will be similar to the UO interface.

Perhaps I didn't give EQ enough of a chance.  The game annoyed me to no end.  I guess I just played UO too long before I started playing EQ, and wanted it to be set up similar.

:(

Archived