Light Saber Crafting

Sei Teirson

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a good guide to creating a "Perfect Lightsaber".

Though we (ITC) has a LS crafting suit that will help greatly with your crafting adding +2 to Experementation. This suit can be accesed by Me and Kevo and if you would like to have use of it please contact us in game and we will help you with acess to the suit.

*Any donations for this suit would be greatly appreciated as it was a 79million credit suit and hurt my poket VERY much. :p

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

=================================================

Taken from the SWG forums writen by MsNiL :

[Jedi Guide]: Crafting the perfect Lightsaber for Dummies [ Edited ]

Foreword

To craft the perfect Lightsaber, you are going to need perfect stuff, and alot of preparation. This guide is meant to guide you step by step. Do not compare your Lightsaber with other servers, since depending on resources spawned on different servers a Lightsaber may receive very different stats.

I wrote this guide for my guild and have two reasons to post this here... The first is obviously since it might help people... but its also to tell people my procdure that might be incorrect... and if it is it would be great if someone point out the bits and pieces I have missed.

What you Need

Lightsaber Resources

The most difficult part is to get hold of your Lightsaber Resources.

The goal is to find the best Overall Quality / Conductivity on the server. Theese effect your Efficency (force/actioncost), Damage and Speed.

The secondary thing to look for is Shock Resistance and Unit Toughness, but they only effect Wound Chance and is therefore not near as important as Overall Quality / Conductivity.

The other properties (Like Decay Resistance) have no effect upon Lightsaber Crafting, and in the case some of the mentioned four doesnt exist, dont bother. That only means that property on that resource wont have any effect on the Lightsaber.

1000 Quality is not neccessary the max. In the following list you will also find the "hardcap" for each resource. Do not believe 400 Conductivity for Titanium Aluminium is a bad thing!

40 Units of Duralloy Steel (MAX VALUES: C 650, OQ 1000, UT 1000, SR 1000)

22 Units of Titanium Aluminium (MAX VALUES: C 410, OQ 1000, UT 430, SR 430)

28 Units of Polymer (MAX VALUES: C X, OQ 1000, UT 1000, SR 1000)

28 Units of Culsion Inert Gas (MAX VALUES: C X, OQ 1000, UT X, SR X)

28 Units of Polysteel Copper (MAX VALUES: C 1000, OQ 1000, UT 800, SR 800)

If you truly want the best, go to swgcraft.com and look up the best on your server. You may then be forced to run around asking Jedi or Artisan friends if they can find the best for you. Many Jedi guilds got resources through their Veteran Rewards so theese might be more common than you think. Some resources have change since they got their rewards though.

On Corbantis it is right now: Trigeso (Duralloy Steel), Areva (Titanium Aluminium), Isisreefew (Polymer), Apealoide (Culsion Inert Gas), Resiba (Polysteel Copper)

Crystal Pack Resources

This part is easy. You need a chunk of crap resources for TWO Crystal Packs. Dont waste good resources on theese. You can easily find all three on the Bazaar at a low price.

Small personal tip: In my Resource Bag I run around with 1k each of the Lightsaber resources and 10-20k of theese. This makes it easy to see which of the two "Steel" and "Copper" I shall use for Crystal Packs. When my tool asks me to place my resources I only need to look at the quantity number to not misplace them with my super-rare super-expensive Duralloy/Polysteel by accident.

2 x 10 = 20 Units of Steel

2 x 20 = 40 Units of Gemstone

2 x 6 = 12 Units of Copper

+15 Lightsaber Crafting Toolkit Resources

Its debated what kind of effect a perfect Toolkit gives, but why take chances?

Conductivity means everything, forget the rest, including Overall Quality. Note that your regular Lightsaber Resources can probably be used for this one as well. For best effect, get a Master Lightsaber Jedi to produce this one for you.

10 Units of Metal

6 Units of Mineral

8 Units of Chemical

Other tools for better result

Getting the highest result possible requires some preparation. This is a list of things that may increase your chances of Amazing and Critical successes (which in turn makes the lightsaber better).

Aurilia Lightsaber Toolkit (Gives Critical Success if you have one, but rare and optional)

Note: I dont know if theese can be traded, If they can be, doing FS quests with an Artisan alt might be a good idea.

+25 Bespin Port (Experimentation Food, buy from a chef)

+15 Pyollian Cake (Assembly Food, buy from a chef)

+43 Weapon, Droid and General Item Crafting Station (Buy from an Architect)

A known building inside a Research Center (City) where a Crafting Station may be found

Inspiration Buff (From an Entertainer)

Anti-Decay Kit (To be used on your finished Lightsaber)

Procedure (Checklist)

1. Get an Inspiration Buff

2. Go to the house inside the Research Center

3. Place or stand in front of the Weapon, Droid and General Item Crafting Station. Be sure to stand NEAR it.

4. Produce 2 Crystal Packs using crappy resources with your Lightsaber Crafting Toolkit.

5. Eat a Pyollian Cake and drink a Bespin Port.

6. Assemble a Lightsaber with your good resources. If you do not get an Amazing or Critical Sucess you may cancel now and try 5-6 again, if you have resources enough for wasting more.

7. When the option to "Experiment" comes up, make sure you drank a Bespin Port.

8. Use your points in Efficiency/Damage or Speed. Before you place a new point, drink a Bespin Port. You may, if you have the time, rest for your stomach to empty up, to be able to drink a Bespin Port for each point. The more Amazing Successes you get, the better.

Note: Pre-CU it was important to experiment in Efficency, but the way forcecost works now makes the effect minimal.

9. Name your Lightsaber

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

=================================================

There are also other ways of using your experementation points, such as using 3 at a time or using all of them at once. I have found that using them all at once may bee the best way to go , the only difficult part is figuring out where you would like to put them. The reason for this is because if you get a amazing success then you get an amazing success for all 12 points, BUt if you do it individually its very unlikely that you will get 12 amazing success's in a row.

To get the best resources on the server I have found a places that sells backpacks with all of the best resources.

1)New Price: Lightsaber Resource Kits 75k! & +15.00 Lightsaber Tools 10k!

Eclipses original Generation 4 lightsaber resource kit vendor now brings you better prices on resource kits and crafting tools!

Located in the lovely metropolis of Dunes of Fury, Tatooine.

The Vendors are in the Fury Mall WP -6097 5807.

Generation 4 Lightsaber Resource Kits Vendor

Each of the resource kits contain the 5 best lightsaber resources currently known:

150 units of Quadtetraciwesis Titanium Aluminum

290 units of Ysukomi Polysteel Copper

230 units of Enientiam Polymer

290 units of Trifesmog Inert Gas

200 units of Gefiseiarc Duralloy Steel

All resources for 20 refined crystal packs now included in each kit! :

400 units of Gemstone

200 units of Steel

120 units of Copper

(Disclaimer: Please make sure that you DON'T use the named High Quality resources in the crystal packs

otherwise you will not have enough of the resources required for 5 lightsabers)

These kits now only cost 75k each and contain enough resources for up to 5 dbl bladed sabers including the crystal packs.

**Couldnt find the others but I will look for more places tonight.

Archived