D&D Online

Martok

The mother of all fantasy games is coming to the online world soon!

Some neat things about this game, thats for sure! I like the part about not gaining experience from killing creatures!

D&D ONLINE

.......and Balandar better apply for the jobs they are hiring for.......he is an expert in that game engine.........they need such a person to help on the team to make sure the online version stays true to the intent of the game itself

*POINTS LARGE STICK AT BALANDAR.....

APPLY NOW BALANDAR*

Turbine Jobs clicky......then just hit all jobs search

.......and Balandar better apply for the jobs they are hiring for.......he is an expert in that game engine.........they need such a person to help on the team to make sure the online version stays true to the intent of the game itself

*POINTS LARGE STICK AT BALANDAR.....

APPLY NOW BALANDAR*

Turbine Jobs clicky......then just hit all jobs search

Borg, be sure to apply for the dev team positions that are hiring back in UO :cool:

This is my favorite part:

"We’re aware that roguish types have been on the short end of the stick in a lot of MMORPGs, and we aim to correct this. Just about anything and everything in a dungeon can (and often will) be trapped, so having a rogue around to protect you is a good idea. A rogue will also come in handy when dealing with locked chests and secret doors, which conceal valuable items and useful shortcuts. Finally, rogues can hide and move silently in order to sneak up on a foe to deliver a deadly sneak attack. Needless to say, they’ll be a welcome addition to almost any adventuring party. "

Yep... I'll definately be in D&D online. A lot about this game is exciting. Most likely will play a wizard, or maybe even multiclass to a wizard/cleric.

hm.....i may too.....it's been awhile since i've been running with many of you......

Looks like a bunch of us will bein D&D. Should be loads of fun!

If I ever get a new comp I will be joining too. :yub:

anyone see machine requirements for D&D?

The Turbine engine that DDO is built on is very scalable. With all options maxed, it can give today's high-end machines and graphics cards a pretty good work out, but we also want the game to be playable by people who don't have the latest and greatest hardware. In fact, our goal is for the game to run on a machine with a GeForce 2 graphics card -- whether or not this will actually happen remains to be seen, but that's our target for the low-end of things.

We haven't announced official specs yet, but the game *should* be playable on a 56k modem.

Just to clarify, we're using the latest version of the Turbine Engine -- AC2 runs on an earlier version of the engine, and AC1 an even earlier version. With every iteration, we clean up and even rewrite signficiant portions of the engine.

As some of you correctly guessed, we don't really see a big win right now in optimizing for 64 bit processors. The game will still run fine on one and since these are high end chips with good 32 bit performance, buying one isn't necessarily a bad choice. However, as of now, there are no plans to support 64 bit extensions for ship.

-Posts from the devs of D&D