Battlefront Report

Martok

Wow! More than I expected and then some!

I finished the Galactic Civil War campaign, and am getting ready to start on the classic campaign (republic/trade federation)

Graphics are great! The sound is really what gets you. Think of counterstrike but with all of the star wars effects!

Worst part of the game is DEFINATELY the instruction book. It is absolutely HORRIBLE! You have to figure out how to use most things in game by accident. (Droidekas can roll, found that out by hitting the E button by accident) (Darkstormtroopers have jet packs, you have to hit the spacebar twice to activate them)- they just need to print up a new manual with updated info and post it on their site! Simple as that!

So far I enjoy playing the Empire the most! Trying to fly a TIE fighter is more work than you would think, I end up crashing it into more X-Wings than I have shot down....

The BEST single player battle has been the battle for Hoth. You are set up as the Rebel Alliance, defending Echo base on Hoth while its being evacuated. It is straight from the movie. Remember all those funny looking turrents that looked like satelite dishes? You can actually get on it and fire them! There is even taumtaum's to help you move around the battle area faster!

I tried to use the snow-speeders to take down a few invading AT-AT's, but for some reason I just wasn't coordinated enough to fly around the things at sublight speed and fire that little magnetic cable around its legs before I crashed into the side of it :(

The battle on Endor is pretty neat too! The Ewoks join your cause against the Empire as you have to blow up the shield generator. (I'm glad the Ewok's aren't a playable race, they're pretty tough!)

I look forward to bashing some Gungans tomorrow....

Borg and myself could not get connected for a head to head battle, the ports the game uses is not listed anywhere....and we were unable to figure it out on our own.

Two thumbs up so far!

:yub::yub:

You can also call hero units depending on what side you are playing. Empire gets Darth Vader, Rebels get Luke, Seperatists get Dooku, and the Republic gets Mace Windu (still have no idea how you call them)

One of the units of each side has the ability to call down bombardments from the air....still haven't figured out how to do that either :/

The sound effects makes you feel like you are really part of the Star Wars universe... I remember the battle for hoth campaign hearing my speakers start to crackle as I was getting a message to "Protect the shield generator!" and that the "First transport is away....the first transport...is away!"

More to come!

Here is a DESERT CAMPAIN IMAGE.....one rebel scumbag left......ooo there he is......lookie lookie.....its Tokey.

http://members.thehonorempire.net/borg/Sta...rtokscumbag.JPG

Join the fun.....click below

Click on the Image(s) below to place your order in support of T.H.E website....SUIT UP AND LOCK N LOAD!!!

StarWarsBattlefront.JPG

This game is the evolution of what Battlefront is but in the focus of the REPUBLIC where Battlefront really focuses on Rebel vs Empire.

StarWarsRepublicCommando.JPG

:(

:yub::vader::yub:

"Join the Empire....help us rule the online Galaxy"

Ok.. I figured out how to call planetary bombardments.....

Only the Imperial Scout Trooper has this ability....

Its pretty cool! You change to your recon droid, and then sneak around till you find an area that needs obliterated...... send the coordinates.....

BADDA BIG BOOM!

Imperials are fun as hell to play!

Don't care for the Rebels except in the campaign version

Trade Federation seems boring so far

Haven't tried the Republic yet.

We haven't gotten to test multiplayer yet...we just haven't figured out what ports need to be open to connect to each other.

In the PC version, 32 max players can go head to head!

WOW Look at those graphics! Can you save during missions? How is the multi-player on this? Do you have to have a friend with this or can you connect to a big server and join a game with more then one other player?

We can get all in a game aye......choose sides or all go against a computer AI which is overall nice challenge........snipers set up and they do work around you and flank you alot which is very cool to challenge against.

In the campaigns you can save when you want........neat thing is you can build your own multiplayer campaign across every possible setting. I dont know how this all plays to team scoring but its is fun.

I did find a neat trick though which they may pick up on......it does take the AI a while to notice when you steal an enemy fighter.......I hoped into an XWing and had my way for a short time against the other rebel XWings.......then though they did catch on and blast me out of the sky.....hehehe but honestly it was only about 1 min.....but man flying is fast and difficult so far to master.......so it seemed like a long time ehhehe straffing ground is very hard.....usually always crash into ground.

• 9 months later...

Borg bought me my belated birthday present (a copy) and there was the patch I downloade that UPGRADED the already awsome graphics.......now tht turrets and the mechanics are EXACTLY out of the movie images pilot views

Endor RULES with the lil ewoks running around with you jabbering......

I will look to hook up with Balandar and eliminate the Imperial threat (Martok, Borg, Wolf)

Fear the Sniper boys....fear the sniper

Well.....I told Borg we need to do some tournament plays with as many of us as possible.....would be fun.

A ladder perhaps........good break from the grinds of our normal online gaming.

Remember keep it fun and real.....and attack from the sun.....keeps em blinded like deer in the headlights.

I'm up for that BB.  :nub:  I hear Battlefront 2 is on the horizon as well.  :friends:

I am addicted to this game. Its so much more fun than a lot of first person shooters cause .... well you guessed it, it's Star Wars. Lets get a Tournament going! I may not be the best shot out there but it sure would be fun to match skills with other friends in T.H.E. As far as Battlefront 2 goes where did you hear about it? What's new in it and is there a website?

Archived