the skills im aiming for on my new character are:

archery

tactics

anatomy

chivalry

fletching

focus

spirit speak

What stats should I aim for? What stats should I start with? What skills should I start with to avoid going insane raising them?

:D

That is not a bad way to start but why do you have fletching?

Not that its a bad thing or anything just wondering. I don't think it helps with archery but its nice to be able to make and repair your own equipment.

I would Drop fletching and raise healing. I understand that you will have a range with archery but spells hurt sometimes. So I would take that up. The rest looks pretty good if this is for PVM.

How high is your fletching? If you are thinking that it will cost too much to buy arrows you will be surpriced how much easier it is to just kill and get gold instead of Killing stuff for feathers then chopping trees then making arrows or bolts. I say just kill stuff and get the gold to get the equipment you need. Hope that helped.

Tass :D

If you intend to keep fletching, then certainly start with that as high as possible. Any crafting skill is a pain to raise. Also I suggest starting with Archery at 50.

Due to the rule changes on weapon skill gain, its a pain to get to 50 in a weapon skill since you spend your time running around trying to find harts and mongbats. (FYI SE Delucia is good for gains up to 50-60. Then Yew graveyard Skeletons to 75. Then Orcs to 85. Then fight anything for the rest of it)

I was thinking I'd keep myself healed up using chivalry skills and Spirit Speak (which i plan to drop later for powerscrolls). I havent been able to find anywhere to buy large ammounts of arrows, so I saw a need to take enough fletching to craft those reliably.

here's something to throw into the mix:

try these:

archery

tactics

anatomy

healing

chivalry

meditation

with this template, you can use chivalry to get around from place to place (sacred journey), use chivalry for extra damage bonus (enemy of one, divine fury, consecrate weapon) and heal if needed, also with healing on board once you reach 80 you can heal quite nicely with a high anatomy skill and rez as well without needing to use noble sacrifice. keeping your chivalry at 80 will allow you to cast most all chiv spells with relative reliability and also give you 20 more points to dump into archery and tactics which you could take both to 120 each, of course chiv at 80 and the rest at 100. To answer another question before it comes up, people will ask why meditation and not focus, meditation will replenish your mana 3 times faster than focus will, granted focus will also replenish your stamina but then again if you are going for a true archer character i am sure you will be dumping the max amount of stat points into your dex stat to fire faster with your ammo.

Have to agree chivalry should stop at 80...you can cast any spell with it. As far as med vs. focus...I say focus just because of the armour restrictions with med. Chivalry and archery rock together so its a good combo. Tass said drop fletching for healing *nods*...Always good to have to forms of healing on a char. Plus yoiu dont want to spend all your mana casting close wounds.

As far as stats 60 mana works great for me, cast everything i need in succesion. Then just go from there with the other two (depending on what stat scroll or lack thereof you have eaten).