CoH guild name brainstorming

Chris

Just a heads up:

City of Villains and Auto Assault top NCsoft's E3 lineup

Two new games will join Guild Wars, Tabula Rasa, and Lineage II on the Los Angeles expo's show floor.

Joining the growing chorus of pre-E3 announcements, NCsoft unveiled its lineup for the looming game expo. Along with several previously announced titles--including Lineage II: The Chaotic Chronicle, Guild Wars, and Tabula Rasa (which was announced way back in 2001)--the Korean publisher will be showing off two all-new PC titles.

The first new game is Auto Assault, a postapocalyptic massively multiplayer online role-playing game developed by NetDevil. Set in a world that's half Road Warrior and half Fallout, the game will let players customize their own cars, trucks, and motorcycles with a variety of engines, armor, and weapons. Gameplay will consist of missions and wandering through a wasteland full of mutants and bandits. Environments in the Havok engine-powered game will be completely destructible, and crashed cars will suffer realistic damage.

NCsoft's other new title is City of Villains, an expansion pack to its superhero MMORPG City of Heroes. As the title suggests, the Cryptic Studios-developed expansion will let gamers join the dark side of Paragon City. As supervillains, players will battle those infernal tights-bedecked do-gooders while building their own criminal empires. (Insert diabolical laugh here.)

NCsoft did not announce a release date for either City of Villains or Auto Assault.

By Tor Thorsen, GameSpot POSTED: 04/23/04 02:29PM

As for the leadership/name. Well, I'm going to on a few hours a week, so I'm a bad choice. (Not that anyone would choose me anyways). For a name? Well, how about we figure out a background for the group first, then we name it. It's like writing a book. Titles don't get done until the story is done.

-Hothgorn TheBlack

Well, here's a name generator...it's kinda silly tho.

http://home.hiwaay.net/~lkseitz/comics/her...gen/herogen.cgi

Favorite randomly generated team names from this so far are:

Suicide Girls of California

Do-Gooder Troopers Inc.

Suicide Knights (have a suicide thing going on here, I guess...)

Supreme Gods from Beyond

Sovereign Battalion of Canada

Hehe. But on the SERIOUS side for names.... The only Champions game I played in (Champions is a tabletop superhero rpg) we had the name "TAG" which stood for "Teen Assault (or Action, depending on who you asked) Group". I rather liked playing that game. That's just a suggestion...I mean, we can have all sorts of different acronyms to pick from, and figure out the meaning of the name later. Like, well, this is the honor empire so how about "HONOR" and then figure out something from there? Or maybe try to put something in our name having to do with honor, like "The Honor Guard", or somewhat like that.

Hmm... going with the TAG thing, you could put that as "Titan Action Group", "Tenacious Active Guard" or whatever. For the life of me, at the moment, I can't think of any sort of thing for HONOR tho.... "Honorable Overzealous Natives Opposed to the Rikti" maybe. ;) Ok, might be a bit silly, but I'm not good at coming up with names.... in the Mutants & Masterminds game we play occasionally on Saturdays (tabletop super hero RPG again), the name I came up with was "Shadow". Real original, huh? My husband was the one who thought of "Miss Abyss", which is my main character's name in CoH.

Anyway, rambly mode off.

Edited by Soke

I have the game,just didn't have enough time to play it but..can you be a "bad" superhero?

Because if so,...I think T.H.E should be "bad" ;):devil::devil:

I don't like the idea of me playing a human-eating orc and the other time a nice superhero..

TAG I like that.

I started a group in Beta, though I was an army of one(ok 4 but i was the only one online all the time, hmmm)

Its was Warriors of Paragon, I did want Warriors of Pez. But that little candy company has Lawyers so. I figured Paragon to be better.

Any other suggestions out there?

Hm....Soke's link has some interesting possabilities.

The fraudulent Fatal Quartet

The groovilicious A-marines

The $6 million Morphin' Masochists -My favorite thus far.

Gamma Guard of Hoboken

Mighty Troopers of Oz

The awesome Pubescent Family of the good ship Lollypop

The stupendous Mighty Reserves Inc.

Power Agents of North America

Random Knights

Suicide Knights of London

A-hamsters of New England

Teen Champions from the Past

Blackbelt Cephalopods of California -Lol hieyyyyya!

Power Knights of Asgard

Seems to be stuck on a Knights kick. ;)

-Hothgorn

Knights Now Or Terminate. I like it. KNOT i can see it now.

Civilian:" Are you in a super group?"

Hero: "Sure, I'm knoT"

Civilian getting angry: "Ok, be that way, I was just asking"

Hero: "KNOT, KNOT, I am in KNOT!"

Angry Civilian: "Whatever!" walks away.

How about WHO: Wonderful Heroes Optional so then we could represent T.H.E. too. It can be combine as:

T.H.E. W.H.O.

picture that one :

Civilian:"Are you in a supergroup?"

Hero:"WHO"

Civilian: "You I asked you."

Hero: "Yes WHO."

Civilian: "You, I am asking if you are in a supergroup?"

Anyway. Just some thoughts.

Aren't acronyms fun?

Seem to be four of us interested...though I know Zenith was in beta as well.

Tomorrow, at 1 pm EST the pre-order "headstart" begins. At that time, if I get ALL the names I wanted, I'll let ya know who they are and suchlike. I probably won't join with ALL my characters, but at least half, I'd say. (Keep a couple characters to group with the hubby exclusively, most like)

As for T.H.E. W.H.O. that's not bad, though it might be copyright infringement....maybe? With the band? Hmm. Instead of 'Optional' though I'd say 'Organization'. Could read like:

The

Honor

Empire:

Wonderful (Wondrous)

Hero(es)

Organization

Although I do like Blackbelt Cephalopods of California too. :devil:

And you can be an anti-hero, Vradish. ;) I have at least one anti-hero myself, a natural blaster by the name of Max Fury. You know, Punisher-esque.

Edited by Soke

Ok. I'm all for something simple yet memorable. HONOR I like a lot. Could stand for somewhat like: Heroic Organization of Natives Opposed to the Rikti. (Natives meaning us Earthlings; the Ritki are the aliens that invaded Paragon City not too far past. During the invasion, only like ten heroes out of hundreds survived in their history, hence there are a bunch of new heroes running around (the players).)