About not getting a response to questions

Rumblebore

Yesterday was launch day of a new expansion.

And no less than 5 times people complained that their questions they were asking in Guild chat were not being returned. The most common question was along the lines of : "How does the new expansion work?".

And I finally got pissed off and and did some yelling about all this stuff I will call "whining". Maybe it isn't whining, but with all that was happening yesterday, these few people have GOT to realize a few things:

1) With EVERY new expansion launch, there are many problems that people experience. Among them: Loading programs, Down-loading Programs, and problems related to that; Login problems - The login Que always get congested, making getting into game take a long time; reading the material that Sony provided with the purchase of the software (electronic text or instruction books or both) to get the basic basics - MANY people DON'T read this at all); and amny other technical and informational problems that can cause frustration and irritation at the "GAME".

2) Peopl come into the game with expectations. It is like some come in and just do the work to figure out what they have to do, where they have to go, what is involved, and WORK THE PROBLEM. Others come in with an expectation to ask a few questions and then they can take short cuts to WORK THE PROBLEM. And others come in, ON THE FIRST DAY, and expect to be spoon fed almost all the details as to how to work the problem so as not to have to do any of the hard work that the others did already. I am sorry - but my perspective is this: It is YOUR GAME - YOU bought it. Ask questions like the second group mentioned above do, and depending on what answers you get, head out and WORK THE PROBLEM. There is nothing more irritating than those who will only sponge off others accomplishments and not work to own their characters, their entertainment, their OWN FUN and oversoming of CHALLENGES.

3) ON DAY 1, MOST people are deeply involved in exporation, or working a new quest, or working at killing a brand new mob (and trying to figure it out - how to kill it, what works, what doesnt, etc.) They are not usually watching Guild chat - THEY ARE BUSY. In this game, people can get BUSY enough to need to ignore Guild chat.

FOR EXAMPLE - I had gone to Kaladim as the game told me to (Go to your hometown) and had just initiated conversation with the NPC i need to, and someone came on in Guild chat and gegan to ask many questions about the new expansion. I recalled having been in that boat several times. But I was focused on what the NPC was saying. I NEEDED to focus so I could learn. I was almost finished when the person complained that no one was answering their questions. I GOT PISSED. Here I was - trying to work out what _I_ was supposed to be doing and was seeing someone who wasn't even trying but wanted to be fed how and where and why. I let that one pass and went to where I needed to go. No sooner had I arrived at the Wayfarers camp in Butcherblock than someone else stepped up and started asking questions, and later they complained about not getting answers. I had been in the Wayfarers camp trying to see what was going on, reading text, having other players ALSO hailing the same mobs, (making it VERY hard to keep scrolling up to read your OWN conversation) and finally blew up in Guild about this whole issue.

LOOK - It was DAY ONE - NO ONE is gonna have all the answers. There was text in game and text about the download, and instruction manuals that came with BOUGHT games. READ THE STUFF. DO WHAT IT SAYS. People will be BUSY trying to explore and stay alive in combat - They will not always have the time to answer your questions.

As time goes by, we WILL have time and availability to answer questions - But PLEASE do SOME of your own footwork. Do your OWN research when possible. We ask as officers that if you want to pursue your epic, then RESEARCH IT yourself and be prepared to lead the raid to kill your own Epic Mob.

I apologize to FliFlicker for coming down on him. He was the one who sliced my last nerve last night. He didn't deserve the heat i poured out. Please understand that we will try to have whatever information we can available, but we hope you all will take the time to learn about what this new expansion is about and can do by researching some of it yourself.

Thanks for hearing me out.

Very True Rumblebore all of it and I completely support your statements.

I would also like to add Please understand that we also are Human. We (the officers) and other players are just that we are players of a game. A guild is here for help yes but it is also a community of people that just like to play together.. Thats all we dont know everything me being a guild leader doesnt make me any more knowledgeable than you... Ask for help seek help if you want but if we dont respond we are either Busy (I personally was in Plane of Hate) and I can guarantee you arent gonna get a response out of me if I am in ANY of the planes... Sorry too dangerous and I am concentrating...

Also as for Epic Mobs Yeah Rumble State it man.. If you want and Epic mob taken out Research it set it up ask an officer to post it on the MOTD. However FIRST you must post it here. Remember YOU research YOU decide who is needed whatclasses and groups It is YOUR epic mob you tell us what to do... :sword:

Synthania

Hey Rumble I agree with you bud ... But let me just say, It is a good thing you aren't a Guide :) You think the questions going through Guild Chat are bad, The first day Luclin came out I was on for about 8 hours just answering stupid questions, but trying not to give things away. OMG I wanted to kill myself. :sword:

Anyway, try to figure things out on your own people, but if that doesn't work ask. But there is no reason to get pissy because your question isn't answered right away. Most of the time if it doesn't get answered it is because no one knows, or the people that do know are swamped already.

See ya all.

Whyyt

:)

The /Summon key?? Since when can Rangers summon? (*grins*)

Actually - what are you referring to ? [ /Corpse] 'summons' a corpse (I call it Drag myself).

So I wonder what this could be? Anyone else who knows, please post.

Actually /summon is used by Guides and GM's they can actually Summon anyone to them at anytime they want.... LOL However I do believe Rumble that Eldoran is as usual pulling your chain :smash: and just wanted to complain to you about something that was pretty much non existant to see if you, being the do good Pally that you are, would try and help him fix it :) (of course you probably Know this and are just playing back withhim) however some people dont know yall like I do so I feel a need to explain things for the new peeps we have that werent in slot and dont know our history of pranks and jokes on one another :rolleyes:

Archived