Honey I'm Home!!

Pride

Shesh I leave for a few days to move and all hell breaks loose!!

After Reading the posts on here since I have been moving I have a few things to say ... And by NO MEANS is this bashing ANYONE, I am simply stating my outlook and suggesting ways to resolve things. So Logan do not get mad at me I will cry and I know you hate to see a woman cry!!!

Many of you who know me know I do not complain about things rather I make light of a tension filled situation but I do really need to be serious about this.

I am very disappointed in the way some people are being repressed or even persecuted for their ideas or concerns. I think it is dreadfully rude for ANYONE to tell someone there opinions or feelings are wrong or not worthy which is exactly what some of you are doing by dismissing the fact the members have issues with the leadership of the guild, or replying in anger. You are acting as if they are ignorant (and if they are it is because we fail to explain things properly) or obtuse because YOU know what is going on or YOU know the deal with Borg. Well you know what, not every one, myself included, are personally friends with Borg. We do not speak to him on the phone or in game or through other means, so you have to understand that you are asking these new members to support and worship a leader who is basically unknown to them, while I understand the codex is there for that and it is a wonderful codex that I respect and try my best to follow, some people do not understand the way things are, so instead of yelling at them or stopping a post thread try sitting down and explaining things to them one on one, it will have a much more positive effect, at least it did for me when I was new and did not understand.

I understand how people could get frustrated and want to quit but what ever happened to leading by example. There is in fact a great need for communication and a better structure for our leadership. We have many issues I am sure will be resolved, but until then lets try to remain calm. Please be patient with those who do not have an understanding about the leadership issues and for Petes sakes explain things to them so they will understand and if they do not like the way our guild is after everything is PROPERLY explained, then there are plenty of other RPing guilds out there that may be better suited for them.

I love this guild for me personally it is my first RPing guild and it has changed my whole out look on the game. So can we please remember that while others do not have the same opinion as you, it does not mean they are wrong, only different? Although if they differ from mine then they might be wrong (SO KIDDING)!!!

In Closing I would like to say I am looking forward to seeing our guild come together with the beauty and vivacity that I know it has had and will have again.

Thank you very much for your post, Pride. Well said. You have explained exactly what's going on and why I am upset.

I was actually thinking of resigning from the guild because my views, concerns and the mere fact that I questioned our current leadership were rebuted with being called stupid, naive, childish, disrespectful, flaming and pointing fingers by two top members in a leadership role.

Although I could have and should have approached it in a different manner, I am afraid that what you read from me previously is my style, take it or leave it. That is who I am and I will not change. I am not some 18 year old little girl, but a 33 year old woman.

I did find previous post directed at me to be insulting and offensive and yes, regardless of the fact that the phrase "I'm not flaming you but..." was mentioned does not discount the fact that those posts were flames. I was warned to watch what I say, how I said it. In the same instance, those who said that to me need to practice what they preach. Just because you may hold a title of a leadership role does not mean that you are not without fault and are not responsible for your own actions and words, nor does that title give you the right to censor, humiliate, degrade or discriminate against members of the guild that are simply "grunts", because they differ with your own personal opinions and beliefs.

And, welcome back, Pride :)

Edited by Linda

Wel the move went well BUT in doing do I lost my boyfriend, my dsl and most importatntly my freedom to walk around naked! <<---------- that is gonna hurt! I am now on the dreaded "Dial-Up" Aol none the less, SO I will be around, decorating my house and to res people *laughs* If anyone needs me just message me I will lag my sorry butt to where ever you are!, or atleast try. I played on this stupid dial up for three years I will get used to it again, this is just a test of my patients one that I will pass!!

If anyone knows of a brodband or satilite system that has serivce in CARLOCK Illinois I would be SOOO greatful, this town has a total of 400 people so DSL is totally out we can not even get cable out here TV or Internet! Anyway I am off to post more things. Have fun and thank you for my welcoem backs!!

Oh my you guys are funny!!

Well I dont mind beign naked infront of ANYONE but I think my dad would have a heart attack!! Poor guy he just retired that would be a bummer. I will not be here to long OR I will get a modem in my computer then I can just stay in my room WOOT!! then I will be happy. *sigh*