SPAWN GUILDLINE

Pride

Hail all

I have put together a very basic guildline for doing spawns it is easy and makes everything go smoothly.

First a few Rules to try and live by:

1. If you happen upon a spawn already being worked ask the people there if you may join them and offer to allow them to protect you if they say you may not join them it is best to just walk away, it will avoid fights and deaths. Most people welcome the help if they think they will get an extra scroll out of it.

Also if you plan to invite others ask if it is ok first, there are some spawns that are exeptions like dungons those are very public spawns ie. Despise. As well as spawns that are beign done by reds, get in there and hit the champ a few times then run like the wind because you can bet they will chase you!!

2. If you start a spawn you may invite whom you want, if others show to your spawn that do not ask to stay and it is in the middle or at the end ask if you can protect them even if they say no try and remember you are PGoH so no killing or cursing them out no matter how tempting it is. and send thier names to me, lora or marcus and we will see what we can do about it.

3. Come ready to kill the spawn and champ, as you do more champs you will learn what you need and what you dont but basicly depending on the type of spawn and amount of people going it is always safe to bring 100 of each reg(more if there are less people)15 G.heal 15 G.cure(or some petals) 15 T.refresh (you arent in trammel anymore) and 20-30 G.Expl, ALSO ONLY if you are at a rat spawn you will need paint do not put it on until the end and try not to forget *speaks from experiance* Paint allows you to be safe from getting turned into a rat man.

4. It is best to do spawns early in the morning while not to many people are on, in the event that reds show up and they will if you are doing them at night it is very very important to stay together do not chase them becuase they will come back, I promise!! ALways try to keep your guildmates healed I am sure we will touch on these things when we start training for PvP or even self defence classes lord knows we need it!

NOW those rules are pretty easy and will keep you in good standings with the Rping community.

Now for the SPAWN STRATAGY

THe baics of this is cast as many evs as you can and kill everything, not to hard *laughs*. When you get into things that dispell with ease have your bards and tamers get things under control, keep them healed, and once things are in order you can earthquake and kill straggling almost dead spawn. PLEASE remember to keep an eye out for each members health if you can, with 4 people it is easy, alittle harder with more. If someone dies or if things get out of hand STOP attacking the champ, heal or res people and kill the spawn that the champ throws out

Protecting

At a spawn there are a total of 12 avalible scrolls, 6 that are earned by killing the champ and 6 that are earned by protectors. Agian this depend on how many people are there but we shall use 6 for this example WIth 6 people there should be, to make it more fair, three protectors three attackers. this way everyone is going to get two scrolls each, there can also be two protectors four attackers but this will not have an even scroll distrabution. One protector for that many people never works out well and scrolls are lost.

PROTECORS : the role of a protector is to keep the person/s that you are protecing safe from harm and to kill any and all spawn that the Champ created like rat men or archers you NEVER attack the champ(unless more unexpected strangers show up and they are attacking you then may attack the champ) It is best if evs are needed to keep them cast a distance away form the champ, invis your protectee and run to the ev after you get everything to follow you. I suggest that no one protects who is not familiar with now the specific spawn works until they have seen it done a few times. (Ie to stop monster spawn at the undead when Neira throws bones cut them up ASAP because this is what she uses to make her minions)

ATTACKERS your main goal is to do a much damage as you possibly can. If possible you can wear jewelry that enhance potions and spell damage increase. Throwing purple pots and casting the spells that the champ is weak against (just cast what most everyone else is casting if you are not sure) will earn you a scroll provinind there are not alot of people there . Your protector will try to keep you healed but watch you your life just incase.

After the champ dies you can grab what gold you can it is pretty much free for all, but if I know soemone didnt get anything or died ALOT during the spawn I try and let them get more gold unless we are rolling for scrolls(see below)

SCROLL SHARING

When I host a spawn I often ask if people want to roll for the scrolls and what this means is at the end of the spawn we all meet at a house and we each get to choose one scroll to keep that you earned the rest go into a "Pot" we draw a scroll and roll the dice for it, highest wins. Also anyone who didnt get a scroll gets first pick of one he or she wants before the rolling, it is just kind of a fun way to share the scrolls and I think it is more fair that someone saying who gets what. Some do not like to do that and that is fine as well.

I am sure there are things I forgot and remember this is BASIC not really detailed of spawn types but a basic way to help with less confuion and dying you really have to experiance each spawn and get a feel for it to understand it better but this works for every spawn as an outline

Edited by Pride

Wonderfully written. The only thing I would add is that if a Red does show, don't panic. Panic is what they are looking for. With too much panic 1 red can destroy an entire army. Setting a rendevous point in the case of a red attack (or if causualties rise from higher spawn) is a good idea. Group up and hit all at once. Anyone can cure themselves if poisoned once and heal themselves if hit with one Explo/corp por combo, but if 3 mages hit in unison while 2 warriors charge..in there's no chance.

This is from my experience, and though it is limited, it is growing fast. I would love to have a nice course on PVP, anyone willing to train me? Maybe make an event out of it?

*Cheblis*

This morning, I was invited to my first Champ Spawn hunt. ???

Needless to say, it did not go well for me. Background on me: I am a GM Archer, working on 110 skill, GM in Anatomy (working on 105 skill) and Expert in Chivalry and Healing with Magery of 23.6. I have never gone to Feluccia Delucia before. I tend to stay away from Fel simply because of the PKing, so I did not know what to expect there. I should have asked more questions, or more information should have been given to me. Don't expect everyone who has a Vet account, such as myself, to know everything or have done everything. Many of us have lead sheltered lives on Trammel and/or have never hunted in a group before (explaining why I have never been to the Champ Spawn before).

First, there are few things I need to say: thank you for the invitation to join you (Lora, Anfalas, Matrim, Winter and some others, sorry forgot all the names). Second, I doubt that I will join anyone in a Champ Spawn hunt again. :)

I cannot critize on how it went or critize the guild members there, but I left with a bitter taste in my mouth. For a lack of a better word or phrase, my first experience was fubar. It wasn't even organized chaos.

With this said, I want to apologize to everyone for my behavior after I died and my bonded Ossie, Fuzzbutt, wandered off. With so much chaos and maham going on, its a wonder anyone noticed I died or that it was possible anyone could stop long enough to resurect me. I was crass, rude and a down right brat.

It is therefore, my suggestion, that when you invite new guild members or even older ones, who have never been to these difficult places that you inform them of what to expect. A warning of watch out for this and that apparently wasn't enough. Since I had never seen the Champ before or those blue looking dire wolves (and they were??). Keep in mind that most archers do not have much magery skill and therefore, do not carry spellbooks and are unable to teleport to the roof. Telling me to teleport was useless because of this lack of magery and in the confusion, I was running all over the area looking for a "teleport pad", thinking this is what was meant. ??? All I wanted to do was get the hell out of there and never, ever, ever go back.

I also apologize if this post offends anyone. These are my thoughts and if I dont speak up, it will eat away at me.

Linda

I understand how you feel Linda. It was my third champ spawn and the first one I have been at from beginning to end. Showed up at the end of the first one and left halfway through the second one.

Don't feel bad. All 3 of them seemed to be organized chaos, or disorganized chaos, or something like that. The things to kill show up all over the place.

Don't let this be your last one. At least do them until you have fun once.

I believe everybody understood how you felt when you died. Lost, confused, angry. We've all been there. Here's the fun part of dying at a spawn. You and the other ghosts get to stand around joking and all anybody else can see (except for necros maybe) is Ooo ooOOOo ooOoO oooO

Heck 3 mins into my first one I saw monochrome and couldn't get a rez until it was all over with and most folks (non-PGoH) had grabbed the gold and left the area. Luckily there were some nice PGoH folks present that got me rezed and looted.

The second one was, well, just wild. I think everybody had died twice before I ran out of time and had to leave. Same problem there that Linda had today. Newer people that had not done champ spawns before and were not sure what to do.

I'm still looking for "the line" :)

All to often we assume other players know what we mean and what we are thinking. Lord knows I am guilty of that myself.

Pride has given some good advice on this page. But, I would like to request some additional info.

Could a post be made that expalins the different spawns, what to expect there, and what roles the different character types need to fill?

As usual, the empire is growing. Information of this nature would be quite usefull for new members.

edit: If I get a chance, and remember to do so, I'll head back there later and mark a rune on top of the building. That way we can gate players that can't teleport up on the roof.

Might be a good idea for the mages that work the spawns to make similar runes for future hunts. Afraid I don't know that much about all the spawns.

Return of the Edit:

Stratics Champ Guide

Semidar

MephitisRikktor

Lord Oaks

Silvani

Barracoon

Neira

Tis a start

Edited by Winter Wind

Excellent profile of hunting, Pride. Thank you.

Those of you who have not hunted with Wolf, really should!! His tactics and strategies of group hunting are superb. I was lucky, when I first started to play, my first hunt ever was with him. It hsa really helped me and can make a group hunt very enjoyable. Plus, even though most ppl in this guild don't go over to Fellucca. Its nice to know the rules of play over there so as to keep the game enjoyable. What can happen over there can make anyone want to quit. I should know, I quit 2 years ago for that very reason.

If I get a chance, and remember to do so, I'll head back there later and mark a rune on top of the building. That way we can gate players that can't teleport up on the roof.

cant recall or gate to any location in the lost lands in fel :\

Don't expect everyone who has a Vet account, such as myself, to know everything or have done everything. Many of us have lead sheltered lives on Trammel and/or have never hunted in a group before

too true...

After all these years and after retiring from the legion I still dont even know where most of the dungeons are or what's in em :)

I'm still looking for "the line"

I've seen 2 basic strategies at champ spawns:

1) basically soloing. Cure/rez/heal those in need when you can, but remember it's hard to cast spells like that if that horde of mongbats has its teeth dug into your butt

2) the "line". I've only seen this done at a spawn once or twice. You need people with high hitpoints, high armor (or now high resist to the types of damage that the enemies will be dishing out), and very good healing/curing/rezzing ability. You also need someone to run around like a chicken with its head cut off pulling all the spawn to you. I'd advise either cramming the "line" into as small an area as possible (all on the same tile would be best) and just using status bars to target heals or form a wall of those with the most potential for taking damage around the archers/mages/whatever.

At this time I think the first option is most viable, but with some heavy training and a lot of dedication the second option becomes a sight to behold as the tides of darkness break upon a bladed wall of purple steel.

If anyone knows where it is, there was a battle tactics post here long ago, from Wolf, i believe. I could be wrong on that so dont mean to offend. That is very good read. Really helped me out. Chris is right about the line. But imagine having 6 attackers and each one has a healer behind him, plus throw in a few necros and tamers. That Champ will be running home with his &*%^ between his legs!!!

you dont try to tank the champ itself tho.

It's much more effective (and safer too) to bring along a bunch of explode potions (yeah, I know I never do) and use those since champs hit HARD

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone is interested, I will be starting to do champs just after restart. I know this is early/or late for all of you, but it is the supreme time to learn how to do a champ. Never seen a red, nor hardly another char at those times. And almost always there's a rat champ or two to do, which are the best for learning the dynamics of champ spawns.

If any are interested in going send me an ICQ so I can make a list.

*Cheblis*