Raid Training, item loots

Hinil

Woohoo my first topic ) :p

As usual I was playing around looking at some different things :)

This time I found a raid guantlet quest that may be very usefull towards getting ppl used to raiding and for decent loot for all classes. The quest takes place in Acrylia Runins and is called Ring of Fire

Ring of Fire Quest

If the informaion provided by site is correct we will be able to work on any problem areas we are having with raids or groups by stepping out of the ring and going over what is being done improperly or discuss areas that people feel need improvement.

I would like to have one high lvl group go to the zone and start the quest and then step out of ring to make sure that information provided is correct. If it is we can set up regular raids on this zone so that officers get obtain first hand knowledge of players strong points and weak points, also as a guild we will gain some experience and some decent loot. Also doing this will allow officers to discuss what areas characters need to work on in particular to be the biggest assest to the guild and then inform the character of these areas so that it can be worked on for future raids. The suggestions made by officers should not be considered as insults, but as constructive criticism so that we can all become stronger players and a stronger guild as a whole.

I feel that if we are going to be working into a strong raid guild that this may be one of the better areas to work with raiding, because not only will it allow us to end the raid when we are having problems with a specific area (by initial grp stepping out of ring), it will allow the guild to gain experience raiding, it will also allow guildmates to get to know the people that they do not regularly group with and their playing styles. Last but, by far, not least this raid will also allow all classes to obtain some very nice gear.

Humbly submitted

Hinil Bobinil

51 shaman

Resident Nutcase :silly:

Just did RoF a few weeks ago. Recommend at least 3 groups go with you. We had 7. Only 1 has to stand in the ring to activate the process. The mobs spawn all over the place. If you go past the last guard, toward the tunnel, you will be zapped to a pit of lava, where you will stay until you are summoned, or can gate, or can TL or whatever. The mobs were all DB to a 62 Cleric, hit for 120 to 170 to a non-tank, spawned in groups of 3, and continued on and on until a named boss spawned (about 45 minutes after starting the ring event). The boss, was yellow (or better at 62) hit at about the average PoP mob, but had at least 64K hp's (probably more). There is a poof bug too. While the boss was being engaged, groups of 3 of the skeles continued to spawn about every 3 minutes. We had just gotten a boss down to 8%, when he poofed in a wall, and never came back (but left us with about 20 skeles to deal with).

Even after stepping out of the ring to stop the spawn, the skeles stayed with us, though no new ones spawned. We had between 30 and 40 people, level range from 55 (1 person) to 65 (12 people) for this event.

I just took a look at the quest and I say my hat is off to you Hinil, I think this would be a good guild raid, I looked at the text of the quest, seems as if it will be a good challange to the guild,

I will look into it more and see what we can get going, As you pointed out there are also some

very nice drops, most seem to be No Drop, so we are giong to need the guild point system in place,

I have not spent much time in the caverns so I will be heading that way soon to take a look at what is going to be needed,

I will also ask for the other officers to have a look see at your post, so we can put this togather

Shawdar

I apologize as I have just read the Ring posting on Allakhazam. There are some inconsistencies with what is written and what actually occurs.

First off: The every 20 minutes thing is way off. We stood in the circle beating down the undead for a full 45 minutes each time before our first "boss" type appeared. The first round had 3 (three) undead types per wave, with no boss after 20 minutes, but a definite lull in the spawns indictaing to us that we were through the first round.

The second wave brought 3 undead-types each round, with about 15 minutes of spawns before a "boss" appeared. He was between 59 and 62, had massive hp's, and dropped ok no-drop loot (SoW boots being the one I remember).

The third wave had more undead, with a higher level boss type who randomly appeared. He was 63 or 64, hit in the 350 range and despawned at 8% life.

When we stepped out of the ring, which we did twice, the remaining spawns stayed put (rather than depop) and we had to kill em as normal.

Only 1 person has to be in the ring for the event to start. Only 1 person must remain in the ring for it to continue. We will be fighting mobs all over the place in that room. VERY IMPORTANT: we must remain in the room. The item about the warder is very true (having spent some time in the lava pit myself). Even fighting a mob on the other side of that warder, will cast you out.

Archived