Guild Bashing

Rumblebore

I saw a comment by someone and came up with this idea.

How would you like to have an event in the Arena where only SLoT participates in a inner-guild bashing?  

We can have one-on-one battles, tag-team pairs, team versus team play, etc.  Just a chance to really whup on EACH OTHER for fun (and maybe a prize for the winners?). Mains or Alts or both can participate. Weapons only, spells only, bare-handed.

I mean, how many of us realy want to try to beat up Eldoran and show he really isn't as tough a kill as many think? How many want to make me shorter than I already am?

Who wouldn't want a chance to bring those level 55+'s down a notch or 2?

We could have picnic foods, have "drunk" matches, many different ideas.

what is the respose to this idea?  Please post if you would attend/participate.

The following rules should apply:

:eatchicken:

1)  No more than a 5 level difference between combabtants (Lilor can't beat up on Windiien, though I'd like to see that)

2)  No use of fear spells

3)  An "extra" rezzer is available for immediate return of all sad losers

4)  Non-procing weapons / armor / devices only

5)  Pets ARE allowed provided they don't use a fear-based proc / spell

:alcoholic:

6)  All contestants have the right to cry (/cry) "UNCLE" (generally known to show that you suck and your opponent is a god/goddess), wherein combat will end, the loser will log out/in to clear the duel, and the winner commended

7)  Any outside interference from anyone (including, but not limited to another Guild member, another PC, a GM/Guide, a pet not affiliated with either combatant, a zone/server crash) which would disrupt the proceedings of the contest, will nullify the contest forcing a retrial at a later time

8)  Any use of the proceedings without the express written consent of SLoT, it's affiliates, it's contestants, and the past winners of the Publisher's Clearing House Sweepstakes will constitute unfair play, and be punishable by fine, imprisonment, eviction or any of the three  :eek:

Whacha think?

To add one thing onto Lolanya's comments, you can only self-buff yourself - No outside buffs. One exception to this is that buffs may be supplied ONLY if they are given to each opponent.  Thus things like DS's would work both ways.

Another way this may be excepted is in a team combat duel.  Team members may buff each other PRIOR to combat but no buffing during combat.  Etc, Etc.

I think the first time we do this will be an individual vs individual Challenge only.

Also, date and time needs to be determined by when most of those who want to attend CAN attend.  Also, shall we invite TKO to this?  Why not have a bit of fun with our new Allies?

I think that for the first time we do this, we must allow for the character differences to be expressed. Think of this – A 45 Druid challenges a 50 Warrior. First attack by the Druid is either Snare or Root.  Then a series of DOT’s.  The warrior is likely to die. Sure, when the warrior gets close he can carve the druid up pretty fast including spell interrupts.  There are a few limits that I think should be in place but we should allow as full an expression of the individual character as possible.  Lets let the challengers and the challenged weight the possibilities before committing to the battle.  With that in mind, lets enact the following limits/rules:

1) Both players get to examine the other player’s equipment before the battle.  At that point, BOTH players are committed to wearing that equipment and to the battle.  This will allow caster classes to adjust spells at the last minute if necessary.  However, once both characters are done, the battle starts in exactly 1 minute.  Period. This one minute timer is called out by the adjudicator of the battle. This examining is the moment of commitment to the battle.  

2) PRIOR to the examination, the Challenger will issue a /duel command and the challenged will accept.  THEN the examination may proceed.

3) Only ONE weapon per player. No switching in combat. No dual weapons, even if the second one is ‘ornamental’ or only ‘stat-enhancing’  in nature. (Ceremonial type swords, for example).

4) No EPICS. Exception – Both players have their epics and agree before the Examination that Epics WILL be used BY BOTH.

5) Pets – MUST be cast before the examination.  This ONE pet is all you get for the battle. No replacement of destroyed pets during the battle. Pets MUST be allowed since they are a Mages main ability. Challengers must take this into account when challenging.  A Ranger challenging a Mage is in for a 1 on 2 battle.  However, ranger can sneak, snare, root, sneak again………  

6) Buffs – No self-buffing prior to the examination.  During the examination and in the 1 minute before start of battle, self buffs may be applied. HOWEVER, NO outside buffs are to be allowed. If the challengers agree to it, buffs CAN be added prior to the examination with the understanding that BOTH players get the same buff.  Thus, Alacrity can be cast on the warrior as long as the ranger he challenged gets it too.

7) Fear Spells/Procs/Effects – NOT ALLOWED!! Including Pets that can cast/proc this.

8) Proc weapons – Allowed ONLY when BOTH challengers agree to it.  Thus, a level 51 Pally challenges a 53 Warrior.  Both agree that their one weapon can have a proc on it.  They choose their weapons and agree to Examine – THEY ARE NOW COMMITED TO THAT WEAPON – PERIOD. Otherwise, the challengers MUSThave a non-proc’ing weapon to use.

9) NO-DROP Armors – Can only be worn if BOTH players agree in advance of the examination that it can be worn. Thus, a Level 50 Warrior with 1 No-Drop BP challenges a level 53 Warrior who has been on a lot of planar raids and many long camps and has a full No-Drop kit.  This may be too unfair, but if both agree in advance to it, then they accept the consequences of that decision. (This applies to ALL classes.)

10) Breeze/Clarity/KEI – Breeze and Clarity can be cast according to Rule 4 above. NO KEI may be used. *(See special HL challenges). *Reasoning – It skews things too much – Clarity is fine for this event.

11) *Special High Levels Challenges – In this case, for level 55+ vs 55+ and BOTH AGREE, many of these rules can be altered or changed to accommodate special circumstances that BOTH PLAYERS want and agree to IN ADVANCE and MUST be spelled out to the Lead Co-Ordinator.

12) These RULES – Since retyping these rules in game is prohibitive, then ALL Challengers MUST have come to the board here and read them PRIOR to the Examination so that they are understood. Also, prior to the Examination, the challengers will be asked if they have read these rules.  Both MUST answer yes or the challenge WILL NOT be carried out. Period.

13) Interference – There is the possibility that others may come to watch and hopefully NOT interfere. Any outside interference from anyone (including, but not limited to another Guild member, another PC, a GM/Guide, a pet not affiliated with either combatant, a zone/server crash) which would disrupt the proceedings of the contest, will nullify the contest forcing a retrial at a later time

14) Challengers who win 3 challenges in a row without dying may be eligible to win a prize. (This is still being worked out – I need Eldorans and all Guild Officers Input on this, although Eldoran and Myself will be the final ‘choosers’ of any prizes won.)  This Rule MAY expand, depending on our final assessment.

Set-up:

1) Players gather at location at appointed time.

2) List of challenges are compiled.

3) No PC may fight 2 challenges in a row (back-to-back) – They must sit out at least one challenge before engaging in another one.  This will continue unless it is impossible to maintain this Guideline.

4) A High-Level Cleric must be present for ALL activity.  This is Lilor’s "extra" rezzer, who will be available for immediate return of all sad losers. Also full heals will be given at the end of combat. (This Cleric may have KEI on).

5) A Lead Co-Ordinator will be present – this person cannot be challenged or make a challenge.

6) From 2-3 “Referee’s “ will be appointed to watch for violations of rules.

7) You may only challenge someone within 5 levels of your characters level.

8) All combat MUST take place within the appointed area. Leaving the appointed area, even by mistake, is a Forfeit of the challenge. (Exception – Knockback from an attack might cause someone to leave the combat area.  The PC so effected MUST immediately return within 10 seconds or a forfeit will be called by a Referee.) Intentional knocking of a challenger out of the combat area (if it is so agreed that was the intent by 2 of the 3 Referees) will be grounds for calling a forfeit against the one doing the knockback.  Lets keep it fair and fun everyone.

9) In the spirit of fun, any class may challenge any other class.  BE CAREFUL about accepting challenges where you may be easily taken out by another class.

10) All contestants have the right to cry (/cry) "UNCLE" (generally known to show that you suck and your opponent is a god/goddess), wherein combat will end, the loser will log out/in to clear the duel, and the winner commended. It is recommended that an “UNCLE” button be created (just in case). (heh heh)

Uh Only one weapon! And it can't proc! What arethe warriors and monks and rangers and bards supposed to do. All a warrior and monk have goin for them are dual wieldin and procing weapons. And what about Lilors extra resser. So what ya saying. :alcoholic:  :alien:  :eatchicken:  :biggrinSmurf:

Look,

I am trying to level things out a bit.

Sure, dual wielding classes lose out a bit, but why can't the same use a 2hs/2hb weapon?  Because your skill is not high enough?  

The comments so far:

"Uh Only one weapon! And it can't proc! What arethe warriors and monks and rangers and bards supposed to do. All a warrior and monk have goin for them are dual wieldin and procing weapons.

Not true. - Warriors have kick and can use a shield or use a 2hs with stats. They have a high damage potential (obvious point since this class ALWAYS is preferred as Main Assist on raids.) They can really deal damage with 2hs, often carving 100+ points of per hit AND they often Dual Attack (meaning each single attack actually can turn into 2 or even 3 hits!!) I am not leaving them too weak.

Rangers have sneak, hide, bows, snare, and spells also.  I have dueled Eldoran and he easily disarmed me.  Don't yforget the other ranger abilites by someone who knows how to play a ranger.

Bards - Uhhh, are you saying bards are tanks?  Bards have a WIDE variety of songs.  In fact, I have watched a 40+ bard use songs ONLY to Chain and Dot a Shardwurm to death - he never touched it.  Don't underestimate a bards other abilities.

Monks - Now here is a class I haven't followed well, so maybe I am off on this point.  But I dont think it is really that bad an issue.

And what about Lilors extra resser. So what ya saying?

----- Sorry - I meant Lolanya's Extra Resser.  Apologies to both.

Ack!  No self buffs?  Except for the one minute during inspection?  My shammy wouldn't last 30 seconds.

Yes you would, if you challenged right and planned right.  Besides, this is for fun! - Challenge a Druid or another shammy. Be creative in whom you PICK and whom you accept challenge from.  Besides, so what if you die?  You'll be rezzed.  And by the way - In case you hadn't noticed, MANY mobs you fight are representatives of the other classes, just in other races. You fight Shammy's and the other classes ALL THE TIME.

The main idea is just to get together and have a lot of fun.  Beat on that one person whom you always wanted to, even if it means you die.  But you might surprise them and win too.

More feedback. - Still fine tuning this.

Bards are every inventive, we always have a few tricks up our sleeves. We have very beautiful voices that can 'charm' almost anyone into doing what we want them want to do. Just bat our eyes and smile sweetly.. :smash:  :D

i think you might be making it to easy for the druid shaman group to whoop the melee down.  If i am going to do this i am going to allow my oposition yo use any and every trick they have as will I.  I agreed with the "no outside buffs" portion, but i think we are taking the mellee classes down to far.  50+ melee are going to have ALOT of no drop and proc armor and weapons.  I say let it be fair let them use it.  To make things fair impliment the lvl range, fear wont work on pcs anyway and pets of all kinds should be allowed.  Pets are a part of certain classes as an increase in resistances are to warriors.

Rum taking a weapon from a monk is dnagerous unless the monk hasn't trained h2h. They can hit very hard with their fist. I still want another shot at Soltek  ::smash::  Yes duel wielding is a ranger speed but like you said we can is a bow and other ways to fight in a duel. Anyways I looking for to it and having fun. ( not gonna mess with Saite)

Try this set of rules then:

1) No player may challenge another that is more than 5 levels different from them for this event. (Level 50 players can only combat with levels 45 – 55.)

2) Both players get to examine the other player’s equipment before the battle.  At that point, BOTH players are committed to wearing that equipment and to the battle.  This will allow caster classes to adjust spells at the last minute if necessary.  However, once both characters are done, the battle starts in exactly 1 minute.  Period. This one minute timer is called out by the adjudicator of the battle. This examining is the moment of commitment to the battle.  

3) PRIOR to the examination, the Challenger will issue a /duel command and the challenged will accept.  THEN the examination may proceed. (Outside buffs may be applied now, according to Rule 7 below).

4) Number of Weapons: OK, let’s assume everyone knows what the other classes are capable of.  You will go into combat knowing that warriors tend to do damage by melee (close) combat and casters will cast, Shammys & druids tend to snare and DOT, etc… Okay, that covered, you may bring ONE weapon PER SLOT to the battle and only ONE shield (which doesn’t have to be shown in the exception!) (SLOT in this sentence means – Primary Melee, Secondary Melee, and Ranged Slot). While you can switch among those weapons, you cannot SUBSTITUTE another weapon during combat. If you want to wield a 2Hs you MUST show it in the examination.  But once you do, you are limited to that weapon ONLY, since you cannot bring both a 1h and 2h weapon to the examination. (Clarifying this point: Eldoran brings his epic (1Hs) and a 1Hb to dual wield, as well as his bow and a shield (not a ‘weapon and would not be shown in the examination).  He can start with the 2 swords equipped but decides to Snare and Bow his opponent for the first few rounds of combat.  He then runs in and dual wields, but then decides that his epic and a shield is smarter. All this is allowable.  If he decided to switch to a 2Hs in combat, then he has violated this rule, since it was not originally one of the weapons he brought to the examination.) [second Clarification: I bring a 2hs examination. Later in combat, I switch to barehanded and the shield.  Although the shield is not shown in the examination, it is still allowed and this is a valid combination.)

5) EPICS. Both players MUST have their epics and agree before the Examination that Epics WILL be used BY BOTH.

6) Pets – CAN be cast before the examination, and can be recast during combat. Any pet available to a player will be allowed.  Pets MUST be allowed since they are a Mages main ability. Challengers must take this into account when challenging.  A Ranger challenging a Mage is in for a 1 on 2 battle.  However, ranger can sneak, snare, root, sneak again………  

7) Buffs – No self-buffing prior to the examination.  During the examination and in the 1 minute before start of battle, self buffs may be applied. HOWEVER, NO outside buffs are to be allowed. If the challengers agree to it, buffs CAN be added prior to the examination with the understanding that BOTH players get the same buff.  Thus, Alacrity can be cast on the warrior as long as the ranger he challenged gets it too.

8) Fear Spells/Procs/Effects – OK we’ll allow this for this first time.  Let’s see how this really affects things.

9) Proc weapons – Now allowed.  Again, we’ll see how this affects things or if it overbalances things.  

10) NO-DROP Armors – Higher level chars wear almost nothing but this armor.  Qque makes a good point.  So let’s allow this.  And let the challenger/Challenged beware!

11) Breeze/Clarity/KEI – Breeze and Clarity can be cast according to Rule 4 above. NO KEI may be used. *(See special HL challenges). *Reasoning – It skews things too much – Clarity is fine for this event.

12) *Special High Levels Challenges – In this case, for level 55+ vs 55+ and BOTH AGREE, many of these rules can be altered or changed to accommodate special circumstances that BOTH PLAYERS want and agree to IN ADVANCE and MUST be spelled out to the Lead Co-Ordinator.

13) These RULES – Since retyping these rules in game is prohibitive, then ALL Challengers MUST have come to the board here and read them PRIOR to the Examination so that they are understood. Also, prior to the Examination, the challengers will be asked if they have read these rules.  Both MUST answer yes or the challenge WILL NOT be carried out. Period.

14) Interference – There is the possibility that others may come to watch and hopefully NOT interfere. Any outside interference from anyone (including, but not limited to another Guild member, another PC, a GM/Guide, a pet not affiliated with either combatant, a zone/server crash) which would disrupt the proceedings of the contest, will nullify the contest forcing a retrial at a later time

15) Challengers who win 3 challenges in a row without dying may be eligible to win a prize. (This is still being worked out – I need Eldorans and all Guild Officers Input on this, although Eldoran and Myself will be the final ‘choosers’ of any prizes won.)  This Rule MAY expand, depending on our final assessment.

Set-up:

1) Players gather at location at appointed time.

2) List of challenges are compiled.

3) No PC may fight 2 challenges in a row (back-to-back) – They must sit out at least one challenge before engaging in another one.  This will continue unless it is impossible to maintain this Guideline.

4) A High-Level Cleric must be present for ALL activity.  This is Lolanya’s "extra" rezzer, who will be available for immediate return of all sad losers. Also full heals will be given at the end of combat. (This Cleric may have KEI on).

5) A Lead Co-Ordinator will be present – this person cannot be challenged or make a challenge.

6) From 2-3 “Referee’s “ will be appointed to watch for violations of rules.

7) You may only challenge someone within 5 levels of your characters level.

8) All combat MUST take place within the appointed area. Leaving the appointed area, even by mistake, is a Forfeit of the challenge. (Exception – Knockback from an attack might cause someone to leave the combat area.  The PC so effected MUST immediately return within 10 seconds or a forfeit will be called by a Referee.) Intentional knocking of a challenger out of the combat area (if it is so agreed that was the intent by 2 of the 3 Referees) will be grounds for calling a forfeit against the one doing the knockback.  Lets keep it fair and fun everyone.

9) In the spirit of fun, any class may challenge any other class.  BE CAREFUL about accepting challenges where you may be easily taken out by another class. BE CAREFUL about accepting any challenge – this is for fun and the challenger may have something up their sleeves.  You MAY be killed in combat – EXPECT the possibility to happen.  But go into the challenge with the plan to have a great time, even if you get your bottomside tanned.

10) All contestants have the right to cry (/cry) "UNCLE" (generally known to show that you suck and your opponent is a god/goddess), wherein combat will end, the loser will log out/in to clear the duel, and the winner commended. It is recommended that an “UNCLE” button be created (just in case). (heh heh)

11) Challengers who win 3 challenges in a row without dying may be eligible to win a prize. (This is still being worked out – I need Eldorans and all Guild Officers Input on this, although Eldoran and Myself will be the final ‘choosers’ of any prizes won.  This Rule MAY expand, depending on our final assessment.

Any more tweaks to it?  And WHAT DAYS ARE GOOD FOR FOLKS???

Hmmmm - I made is a Sunday event.  Are weeknights REALLY a better time?  It is hard to make a specific time for everyone with all the variable schedules out there.

I guess we'll try on Sunday FIRST, then maybe a weeknight for those who couldn't make it who wanted to.

Archived