Journal Entry: The Hand of Rats Nest, Part 1

NBBN: 16661-02020

I received a letter today requesting my services. A small roll of parchment addressed to "The Hand of Rats Nest". Now, you may be wondering, who is the Hand of Rats Nest? Well, that would be me, Balandar. Let me tell you a brief history on how I obtained that title.

Several years back in my search for understanding and learning more about air magic I heard about a powerful mage, a necromancer. On an island, west of Novia, I "discovered" a way into the necromancer's tower, back then it was a singular structure... it wasn't overly difficult to break into his home.

Apparently, the tower master prefers to not have visitors. As punishment, he took my hand. I have since recovered from that incident, and through some healers in the life magic school, and quite a bit of gold, have "grown" a new hand.

In any case, back to the letter, the parchment reads:

"There is a job that requires a particular set of skills.

The Hearth of Britannia, Kingsport.

Wodnesdai Octobre 10, Harvest 503 P.C. Midnight (23 Dec 2016 10 PM EST earth time)

-Drocis Fondorlatos.".

I wonder what he has in mind? We definitely did not part on favorable terms! I'll see if Schneider DragonFang will join me. If Drocis wants to meet, I need to be prepared, whatever that might mean when meeting this particular individual.