Jump to content
Borg

HONOR HOLD Gates Open!!!!

Recommended Posts

Greetings travelers and adventurers... it is with great pleasure that I announce that the dynamic version of HONOR HOLD is open and ready for membership colonization.  Baron Balandar Ebonblack and his slave Naladinya along with Knight Marshall Schneider Dragonfang and his kin Christoph have completed the great walls of HONOR HOLD.   Recent additions of the GUST BALL field and the realms JOUSTING ARENA have been completed and await the upcoming Royals (Dev Team) Tournament.    The HOLD Pavilion is full of the highest level crafting stations and nearby is a magical vendor and general provisioner for supply item purchases for your trades work.    The HOLD Garrison (PVE) seeks Watchmen, Guards and Captains while the Church of Darkstarr (CHAOS) is accepting positions for aspiring Acolytes that seek to become monks Zealots priests or even the HIGH PRIEST or PRIESTESS and work directly with Lord Darkstarr (Dev) in maintaining his house here within HONOR HOLD.  There are additional higher level ROLE PLAYING positions that will coordinate with the city Governor on official realm events, coordinate with other cities, guilds and Royals (Dev Team members).  These positions from the simple town Jester, Tax Collector (housing assistant), Registrar (Jousting assistant), Jailor and Lord British's Stewart who will maintain his retreat home here in HONOR HOLD.    

Hearty and the strongest souls with no fear of loss or bodily harm will be sought for the Elite Imperial Praetorian Guard (PVP) roles that will provide the ultimate defensive and offensive power of HONOR HOLD when needed to deal with unfriendly or nefarious bands of the realm populace.

We have Elder Roles for those who grandmaster certain trade skills and these roles will come with a designated plot of land to build the respective building.  

(PIC BELOW shows STATIC Locations) The highest RP role with most interaction with community and Royals (Devs) will be the Barkeep who should also be willing and enjoy using this forum as a mechanic to write, promote and record events and stories they work and develop.   Working with Baron Balandar Ebonblack on The HONOR EMPIRE Monthly Newsletter will be expected from all leadership or high level roles....to help you promote your story and adventures.

LotRPPlans.png

Invite2017January.png

Share this post


Link to post
Short Link to topic
Share on other sites

Also in the next few months we will have the ability to rent out rooms. I'll have several available in my basement available.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Short Link to topic
Share on other sites

Congratulations! Quite an accomplishment!

Look forward to seeing you guys in game Soon©.

Share this post


Link to post
Short Link to topic
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Coldren said:

Congratulations! Quite an accomplishment!

Look forward to seeing you guys in game Soon©.

Planning on joining us in SoTA? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Short Link to topic
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Balandar said:

Planning on joining us in SoTA? :)

I am trying!

They've done some improvements over the last few months.. Still confused why they want you to get your butt kicked in the opening scene if you prefer sword and board (Very off-putting for new players - A mage, an archer, and a melee in close aggro range?), to say nothing about them not telling you about deck configuration as part of the tutorial, but I'm giving it an honest attempt!  

I think I successfully added you and Borg to my friends list. so hopefully I'll catch one of you guys when you're on!

Share this post


Link to post
Short Link to topic
Share on other sites

I thought the tutorial was too easy! Maybe you are rusty? :p

I'm usually on after 9:30 pm est for a couple of hours. Add Schneider DragonFang to your friends list as well. One of us should be able to get you invited to the guild.

Are you playing as "Coldren"?

As far as SoTA goes in the development process they are around 80% complete, but there are no more wipes. So... story content, performance, and polish is occurring now. The next release should see quite a bit of change to how you interact with quests as well.

I'll try to find the guide on deck building. It can be quite powerful once you know the dynamics of how it works.

Ah man, I can't tag people from Tapatalk... test...

[mention=225]schneider[/mention]

[mention=3]borg[/mention]

@Borg

@Schneider

edit: safari works for tagging

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Balandar

Share this post


Link to post
Short Link to topic
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Balandar said:

I thought the tutorial was too easy! Maybe you are rusty? :p

I'm usually on after 9:30 pm est for a couple of hours. Add Schneider DragonFang to your friends list as well. One of us should be able to get you invited to the guild.

Are you playing as "Coldren"?

As far as SoTA goes in the development process they are around 80% complete, but there are no more wipes. So... story content, performance, and polish is occurring now. The next release should see quite a bit of change to how you interact with quests as well.

I'll try to find the guide on deck building. It can be quite powerful once you know the dynamics of how it works.

Ah man, I can't tag people from Tapatalk... test...

[mention=225]schneider[/mention]

[mention=3]borg[/mention]

@Borg

@Schneider

edit: safari works for tagging

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am playing as Thayn Silverblade. Do friends lists need the full name?

What did you do in the tutorial? Every time I swing a sword or use a blade-based ability, "Miss, Miss, Miss, 2 damage!". And I'm literally standing just about on top of them. Even tried going back and spent a bunch of experience (That's another thing - Moves cost experience?) on a training dummy to try to raise there levels. To say nothing about getting nuked from range. :(

Guess I need to learn if this is truly action based combat or not. Much to learn!

2 hours ago, Balandar said:

Thanks!

Yeah, I found a youtube video talking about the deck building. Just odd that something so critical is excluded from the tutorial.

 

Edited by Coldren

Share this post


Link to post
Short Link to topic
Share on other sites

Full names are required. So Borg is Borg Stonewall. I believe he reserved Borg on his 2nd account.

As for xp for moves... your skill levels advance by pulling xp from your xp pool, which is obtained from killing mobs.

Are you still in the tutorial zone? With Edward? He should be tanking a lot of the mobs for you. Almost sounds like you may be out of the beginning zone? I don't remember it being hard at all. I was slaughtering mobs left and right like a hot knife through butter.

The deck building is typically for later... Borg still uses a fixed deck!

The tutorial could use more work. I'm sure it will get more polish. But it's definitely not a hand holding game. Reminds me a lot of UO back in the late 90s!

But yeah, if you have questions just let us know here or in the text channels on discord. Http://empir.org/discord



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Short Link to topic
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Balandar said:

Full names are required. So Borg is Borg Stonewall. I believe he reserved Borg on his 2nd account.

As for xp for moves... your skill levels advance by pulling xp from your xp pool, which is obtained from killing mobs.

Are you still in the tutorial zone? With Edward? He should be tanking a lot of the mobs for you. Almost sounds like you may be out of the beginning zone? I don't remember it being hard at all. I was slaughtering mobs left and right like a hot knife through butter.

The deck building is typically for later... Borg still uses a fixed deck!

The tutorial could use more work. I'm sure it will get more polish. But it's definitely not a hand holding game. Reminds me a lot of UO back in the late 90s!

But yeah, if you have questions just let us know here or in the text channels on discord. Http://empir.org/discord



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did make it out of the starting zone. However, I don't know if the starting zone has changed since you last played it.

My starting zone (Path of Courage? Not sure.. Going to reroll tonight anyway) did not have anyone tank for me. You talk to the wounded guard, go to the gate, talk to the NPC there (Or go talk to the other NPC and escort him back to the wounded guard), and immediately it's just you against an elf warrior. First one is easy, but they placed the second one in aggro range of another pair, one mage one archer. Then there's the wolves real close by that can also aggro.

I also watched a few more videos today about the skill and deck system. Sorta need to restart again.

I think this is the 4th iteration of the tutorial I have tried. I remember the one you may be thinking of, where the NPC at the gate crosses the stone bridge with you and you face off against skeletons.. That's not it anymore, or not the one I ended up in. :D

 Thanks for the info! I'll be in touch! No mic for Discord yet, but I will eventually be getting one.

Edited by Coldren

Share this post


Link to post
Short Link to topic
Share on other sites

No mic needed. :) There are text chat rooms similar to irc but retains the chat dialogue.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Short Link to topic
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Balandar said:

No mic needed. :) There are text chat rooms similar to irc but retains the chat dialogue.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well.. Show how out-of-touch I am with forms of online communication. I still primarily use Email and message boards.

Downloading now! See you soon!

Share this post


Link to post
Short Link to topic
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • facebook.pngtwitter.pngsteam.png
    discord.pngTeamSpeak.png
  • Upcoming Events

    No upcoming events found
  • Who's Online (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online

×