Journal Entry: The enemy of my enemy is my friend

Balandar watched the grisly scene. The demon tore into the kobold's body, gutting it, pulling out the entrails and shoving the bloody bits into it's impossibly large mouth. He watched as the demon gorged itself, quivering in ecstasy, blood pouring out of its jaw. Balandar smiled, enjoying every second of the show.

Borg approached the Demon from behind, moving swiftly despite wearing full epic plate. With his magnificent sword in hand, he took the head from the demon in a single swipe. The demons thick acidic blood squirted from its neck, the body slowly toppling over while the head bounced and rolled to Balandar's feet.

Balandar looked at the Demon's head, a small piece of kobold still in its maw, and frowned, "I was enjoying that immensely, Borg".

"It's a demon, a creature of pure evil, it should be sent back to whatever hole it crawled out of..", said Borg, slightly confused and a bit angry, while cleaning the blood off his sword before it destroyed the metal.

"I did not say it should be kept alive…. but it appeared to be quite happy eating the kobold", Balandar grinned wickedly.

"Something is amiss with you friend", Borg said disgustedly.

Balandar laughed, "Why kill your foe when it's eating other enemies?"

"What?", Borg asked, but believed he knew where the mage was going with this conversation.

"It's simple really, the enemy of my enemy is my friend… you could have waited a little longer before decapitating it," Balandar explained.

"It's a demon," Borg bluntly stated.

"Yes, and a hungry one. I wouldn't mind having one as a pet..," Balandar mused, more to himself than to Borg.

Borg shook his head and chuckled, "You are crazy."

Balandar just grinned, thinking of the possibilities of having a demon to do his bidding, and wondering if they could be controlled...

-----------------------------------------

@Borg

Edit: This story occurs later in Balandar's life in Novia. Date is unknown.

Edited by Balandar
edits
  • Like 1