What the Building tool now looks like

Rumblebore

Refresh my memory (as it's been awhile since I've been in landmark). Previously, didn't we have all items on our person? Now you can pick them from a list (assuming you have them on your person)? That will save time. If EQN is still in development, and they bring house building to that game, that would be a win in my book.

I am not sure.  I have not used the newer tool myself.  I placed a pre-made small tower on my claim (which was available at the time I re-rolled my character after being gone for months) which apparently had a basic workstation immediately available.

The tool will show colors and items as you see, but I believe (at this time??) you will still need to make what you place or buy it. Colors were both buyable and craftable back when I last played. Now....???????

Recall that you had to harvest metals and wood.  That is still in game and will remain.  From that you had differing types of wood (for example) and you could convert some wood to lumbers which opened the ability to make items using them. 

I would have to spend time in game to answer this better but I plan to be in SoTA trying to level between Fri night and Saturday after I return from errands and stuff.  Still stuck in the Massacre area but I found out I have to click on a boat to get out.  Need to be somewhat better by Sunday.