Dark Characters ( and I mean no visible features)

Rumblebore

I am too tired to try and recall how to get images in here easily.

I logged into game and everything is black. I had to recreate Rumble and during that couldn't see any features at the right at all except a ghost image of beards. In game characters are shadowed, no color but black and very dark greys. basic search for this problem provided very little helpful.

Yes, I have newest version downloaded.

Yes I have most recent NVidia drivers.

Yes I tried various adjustments to Video settings under Options icopn. nothing.

Please suggest a solution. Thanks

<Edit> What I mean is that I see no texture, clothing, features, nothing bu the outline and hints of lines and features on the characters because everything on the characters is not rendering as anything but BLACK and very dark greys. Sure, all the flame effects in the very first start area where you get your first sword work just fine, but even buildings aren't rendering as anything but this blackness.

I am at work and swamped so nothing that I can do until after I get home (late) tonight. - Thanks </end edit>

Edited by Rumblebore

I was having texture issues and had to use the beta drivers on my radeon card. My nvidia has been working okay (in my laptop). Maybe you should try reinstalling the game first before trying beta drivers. Sounds like something was corrupted with your texture files.

Ok here are screen shots showing the issue. I uploaded them into the SOTA gallery and this reply to topic box only provides "link" and not an insert image or paste image. We'll see how it looks once posted. These pictures were taken by not logging in through Steam.

http://www.thehonorempire.org/forums/gallery/image/859-ghost-beard-above-white-menu-bar/

Look carefully above the white bar on right for a ghost image of a full beard. Yep - should be a full face there.

http://www.thehonorempire.org/forums/gallery/image/860-black-characters-and-structures/

That's my character in middle and Edward on left facing the camera.

http://www.thehonorempire.org/forums/gallery/image/861-most-everything-is-dark/

Still with Edward. some color and graphics show up clean, but the rest...

Currently tryng to find a solution online.

I was having texture issues and had to use the beta drivers on my radeon card. My nvidia has been working okay (in my laptop). Maybe you should try reinstalling the game first before trying beta drivers. Sounds like something was corrupted with your texture files.

I will try this.

<EDIT .... did not help. same problem exists, shouldn't this be resolvable through Nvidia?

Edited by Rumblebore

• 2 weeks later...

What does it mean when they ask to provide the "Reproduction Rate"?

How often it occurs. In this case, 100% of the time. Sorry it's not working out. Did it just start this last release? A new release will be here at the end of this month, maybe some additional fixes were put in for graphics.