The Honor Empire TOWN in game

Borg

Update: To read about Honor Hold, see our page here.

We have secured a HOLDFAST currently as a Player Owned Town for the guild to have as a home base.

CLICK HERE for description of the Towns https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=41907

We have not named the location but will as the time comes closer and our design appointments with the development team are scheduled.

Balandar and Borg are working with Devs on JOUSTING system for in game and a continual option for players that will cycle thru the year with events etc.

OUR TOWN will be the SoTA hub and center for JOUSTING, any Quests revolving Jousting, story content, fiction and lore......THIS IS A HUGE PRIVILEGE and HONOR.

This should help our area be popular destination and keep funneling players into our area and vendor shops etc...as well as main story line and development characters.

We are hoping more of our past gamer friends that loved the community building and construction facets of online gaming will join us in SoTA and build a home within our area and guild.

We will be The Honor Empire as our guild title (pre blessing by Richard and Starr)...loved the connection with jousting and knights questing various personal goals.

Below is a picture I will update as time progresses as a fundraising area that we now have started in hopes of upgrading our current level of Player owned Town.

Borg is one of the first LORD FOUNDERS of the game engine and so his spot in the list of who gets to place when is quite early in the process....this gives us another leg up in picking where we want to have out town located. IN game as Pre Alpha, Alpha and Beta timelines go thru...lets keep all talking about where we should place the Town.

Borg Stonewall is my character and Borg@TheHonorEmpire.org is the email that you can use the store to send any donation credits/certficates etc that will go toward the upgrades over time until construction appointment is declared by Development team.

PoTPledge.png

HonorHoldLayoutToDevs.jpg

Expansion POT Growth Plots for HONOR HOLD.png

Below is the BIOME we will be selecting for our town and I have placed over it the HONOR HOLD design as I crafted it....and it fits well and with simple changes by Devs to the Mountain side....small changes to road outside the hold....it should look like this at the start basically.   Keeping it easy for the Devs and so that just the HOLD area really needs the work...and its most likely we will succeed at getting our design in.

I am hoping with some tennis tournament income to expand the HOLD into at least a VILLAGE (see above Donations graph to date) to have larger areas for member housing and RP options.

TestForrest.png

Above shows the larger CITY Lot which is depicting what area will look like after EXPANSION to VILLAGE size.......

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Player Owned Town Submission Form (BETA) Now Available

The Beta version of the Player Owned Town Submission Web Form is now live on the SotA website. If you are a PoT owner you can link to the submission form by clicking on the name of your town on your SotA Account page. We only have one template available at this time, but more will be added as they come available. We ask that all PoT owners please start entering their town design criteria. We will be reviewing uploaded images to help guide our template creation process, so get your design layout images uploaded just as soon as you have them available.

LETS START DISCUSSIONS BELOW>.......

NAME

NPC HERALD Colin Mor Balding white short haired man with well kept white short beard n stash....a regal man. Legendary in the sport of JOUSTING, he has served in years past as many official positions within the Jousting Committee and Records. Loves wine and will give secrets out in exchange for wine.

ADDITIONAL NOTES.......... This is town is the HOME of the realm's JOUSTING sport...where it began and has the HQ for quests revolving around JOUSTING in SoTA (currently coconut jousting) but for lore sake Everything JOUSTING came from this town and it has a Tournament field and stables to support Tournaments. (eventually a monthly player event and then ability for player training or jousting for fun or wager)

SONGS...............listen here to options https://soundcloud.com/shroud-of-the-avatar/sets/shroud-of-the-avatar

Start adding your commentary....we need to get this in early so we have MAX amount of time for modifications.

post-3-0-85819500-1431773122_thumb.png

Honor Hold............Honor Station..........Honor Way.........??????

Tavern names.......... The Barbed Lance........The Splintered Lance.........

SONGS.......Combat and Ruins Hard Road Ahead

Blacksmith Area

Armorer area (Includes Mount Armor if permitted and Shields.

Forge Area - Ravenor Forge. (Ravenor - a tip of the hat to Dennis McKiernan's Mithgar series, and is the name of one mountain the Dwarves live under. :axe:

Alternate names: The Burning Sword. Lightsaber Forge. Endor's Hammer.

Lance/Weapons area. (Name = Something from Star Wars + "Lance". Like Luke's Lance, or The Lance of Alderan.

There is a shop in front with armor side and weapon side, which is in the front of the forge area. Shop can be stone and wood.

Forge Layout: Worked Stone everywhere (for safety from fires).

Primary Forge has a bellows to the side of the central work area on the side of the burning coals and an NPC working it making the inner coals glow redder with each pump. An open coals stone area with long metal bars sticking in it. 3 barrels right nearby with liquid for tempering/dipping. An anvil where you are most likely to find a Female Dwarf working (Name = Brannd). Bearded of course, if possible.

A couple of Bins nearby with both coal and woods for burning. A Stone Smelter, large and off to the side of the forge room, which provides an enclosed 'oven' for melting ore down with a pivot armature for hooking onto the jar of molten ore and pivoting it over to another area where 'molds' for ingots are ready to receive it. This is the purifying of ore process. Later, Ingots can be melted down into molten metal for weapons and armoring. Nearby this is a 'slag-heap' where the excess slag is put. I have an idea that it RARELY and randomly provides a 'sparkly' :gold: which is a rare bit of metal or gem. Perhaps on average 1x per week and hard to see.

This is the central metal converting of ore to metal area, with weaponmaking. Another area has a smaller forge area with shaping tables and forms for hammering flat metal for armor and shields.

Side rooms for storage of weapons and armor, for gear, hammers, tongs, molds, powders, kegs/barrels, etc. These can be wooden or stone bottom and wooden tops.

The current in-game forges and tables do not have this detail so all of this is meant to be for show and not for use. However, related crafting tables can be present throughout this forge area. Obviously, a cooking table has no place in this area.

This is for discussion.

Ok I see the form now and see that my ideas must fall within their descriptions. Grrrrr….

1 Armor Shop – NAME: - Rumblebore’s Forge. NPC Name – Brannd – Dwarven, Female, heavy leather apron, stocky with brown/copper hair in a braid down her back, ‘tanned’ coloration with some flushed coloring for being at the forge all day. If Dwarf is not available, VERY Stocky female form.

1 Stables – NAME: (Mos) Eisley’s Stables - NPC Name – Wedge or Biggs, Watto – Standard Overalls and can be of any description, but would like to see him male and at least adult.

Location – Water/River or pond/lake, Grassland (for the Jousting field), forest or Mountain nearby (materials/Resources)

Town Name - Depends on what we get. If only a small town, something basic like Hommlet (my old D&D days...) as compared to a castle which should have a royalty name like (Millennium) Falcon Castle, Honor's Guard Castle, Balandar de Borg Castle, etc.

I posted this under "Naming Conventions" in March:

Borg opened the door to ideas for naming the Town. The only thing I came up with quickly was based on the T.H.E. motto, "We Bridge Worlds". I suggested we put 'bridge' in the name, also applicable since some of the sites possible for the town are near bridges on the overworld map.

OK, I want to expand past that with some other thoughts that went through my head.

Some fun things:

Perhaps we could choose 2-3 games we have played and plug in names for things in town as suggestions to the devs so as to 'personalize' the feel of the town. Games like Star Wars, WoW, UO, EQ and others that THE has covered, especially those now gone, could be sources for this idea, such as the horse names I list below.

Assuming the town has stables with horses, give them Star Wars planet names like Alderan, Dagobah, Naboo, Tatooine or others.

If we have a tavern, one possible name could be "Back to the Beginning", a reference to The Princess Bride when Inigo went "back to the beginning" and was drunk outside a little building. Name the Barman "Ineego".

For town names I had a thought that since Lord Brittish is the founder of the game, perhaps considering existing Great Britain town names may gives us ideas, including my idea of 'bridge'. This list is not the only options but could be used to form our own town name.

One name I thought of included a reference to jousting - Lanceford. Perhaps other terms related to jousting can be included.

Ashbourne Ashburton Axminster Barnstaple Bollington Bradninch Brixham Buxton Camelford Chesterfield Chulmleigh Congleton Cotgrave Eastwood Glossop Hartfield Kingsbridge Knutsford Mansfield Marazion Matlock Middlewich Nailsworth New Mills Newlyn Newquay Newton Abbot Northwich Okehampton Painswick Porthleven Salcombe Saltash Sawbridgeworth Shirebrook Southwell Stapleford Stevenage Tavistock Thornbury Torpoint Wadebridge Waltham Cross Warrington Whaley Bridge Winsford

Hope this gets the brain juices running.

I believe we can only have ONE NPC building with a holdfast (which Stan current purchased).

In which case, my preference is a Bank or Tavern. In that order.

My reasoning is we can always have a village lot with a building and make it a player run tavern.. no need for a physical tavern. And we should pick a building that has at least 2 NPCs if we can only have one building (plus if we want to name an NPC and create a backstory after our fallen comrade).

A bank would be handy so we do not have to port to another city. Banks are also LOCAL and not global. So having a bank in our town would be a huge benefit, especially if they implement some kind of recall home spell or scroll. Having to go to another city for your bank would be tedious. It would also allow for others that use our bank to have a reason to come back to our town (assuming we get a prime location, but there are quite a few player run towns it looks like).

I would not choose a guard at the bank. I would choose some kind of merchant where we can sell items (if possible). Possibly a reagent merchant, as I can see getting spell components could be difficult. Or a standard general merchant (whatever they are called) so we can get our basic supplies for crafting (rather than having to head to another town or city).

In addition, I purchased a Village Pavilion that we can use near our town square for our crafting tables.

Edited by Balandar

Ok, where is the information you have just used in your post Balandar? That amount of detail would be nice to read up on to help us in forming the town/village etc.

Is it this link? http://sotawiki.net/sota/Holdfast

Includes
  • A design session with the Dev Team to define details including:
  • Name of Town
  • Location: Roughly which quadrant of the map. (Exact hex will be determined by Portalarium, Inc.)
  • Biome: Forest, Mountains, Grasslands, Swamp, etc.
  • NPC Building Definition (inn, smithy, etc.)
  • NPC names and stories
  • Lot Selection: Determine which lots of which size you want. For example at this size:
  • 21 Village Lots
  • 5 Village Lots + 1 Castle Lot
  • 20 Row Lots + 1 Castle Lot
  • 13 Village Lots + 1 Keep
  • 13 Village Lots + 4 Town Lots
  • etc.
  • Keys to Locked Lots:
  • Keys equal to the number of lots chosen
  • Owner of the keys can lock and unlock lots at will so they can actively control who gets to live there
  • The key owner can evict an occupant and lock the lot using the key
  • Players will still need lot deeds to claim the lots once the town owner unlocks the lots
  • Central Square with 1 NPC owned building
  • 1 Add On Store House

Note that Player run towns do not include the lot deeds There will be a path to achieve this in game via in game gold purchase but the ownership of the scene will incur a rental fee

Edited by Rumblebore

More thoughts:

Jousting - Will there be mounts in game then that players can acquire/breed? Will this factor affect the jousting abilities? Will there be a need for a place to stable them and will that be unique to this place or something we need to acquire and add in on one of the lots? Or will stabling them be unnecessary?

So big picture - Holdfast grounds, a central square, a Village Pavilion, housing lots and a Store House. Ok, Store House, not Storehouse. That suggests it is a store and Balandar's points make good sense. Housing lots which we can dole out using the Keys, providing each of us in Guild get a place where we can 'set up' our own location to be in-game sellers if we wish. We should give some thought to how housing and our places fit into this equation.

As to what combination of lots will be available:

Castle Lot: 80 x 120 meters http://sotawiki.net/sota/Castle_lot 4x the size of a City Lot

Keep Lot: 80 x 60 meters http://sotawiki.net/sota/Keep_lot 2x the size of a City Lot

City Lot: 40 x 60 meters http://sotawiki.net/sota/City_lot

Town Lot = 40x30 Meters. http://sotawiki.net/sota/Town_lot ½ the size of a City Lot

Village Lot: 20 x 30 meters http://sotawiki.net/sota/Village_lot ¼ the size of a City Lot

Row Lot: 10 x 15 meters http://sotawiki.net/sota/Row_lot 1/16 the size of a City Lot

Look at the middle and lower discussion on that page to see which types of housing we can place .

Housing lots are available in six sizes; Row, Village, Town, City, Keep, and Castle to accommodate a variety of player preferences. The most accessible housing in terms of cost and availability is the Row lot with the larger lots being both more rare and expensive but more opulent.

There are two larger lots available, Keep Lots at 60×80 meters and Castle Lots at 80×120 meters, but these lots do not support any buildings that a City lot does not. Instead, they offer the player the ability to have additional decorative buildings on a single, larger lot.

Below you will see the myriad homes and buildings available to place on the previously described lots. Housing is broken into three categories: Benefactor, Founder, and Add-On, with a sub-category of Basements.

The Pavilion Balandar has is an add-on building to a larger Village lot. That alone means we need 1 of those within the Holdfast.

So of any choices we make, Row Lot housing may not be as desirable. I guess it depends on the layouts they will restrict us to when choosing what we can get. A Keep for the Guild where we could place our own little shops, pavilions or houses on would be great if possible. If not, the keep seems to make sense for a hosting place for Jousting. The Jousting field itself will make this place unique and may restrict the number of houses possible, unless the Jousting Field can be a location right next to our Holdfast.

A name for the JF just popped into my head - Raven's Field/Roost. Given that Ravens can be scavengers of the dead on battlefields....

Ok back to work for me..

That is the correct url. They also release information in their email blasts.

I have a village lot with my founder pledge. Stan has a town lot.

I believe wolf had a village lot as well.

We can mix and match what we want. I agree a keep would be awesome, but we need to see if that can be purchased for in game gold or obtained via quests.

We also need to decide on a biome. One lot would need to remain empty for jousting and bleachers. Several people have made some really great seating areas out of miscellaneous furniture in game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biome - IMO.

I am inclined towards a Grasslands or Forest type. Mountains would be third, but all the hills in the "town" itself that I have seen just doesn't fit with me. Forest can be flatter than the mountains and provides trees within the zone. By comparison, the Desert biomes I have visited are rolling hills and no trees except poor cactus and the like. (yuk) I perceive the need for flatter space, green ground and some trees. Whatever fits along that line.

I'm leaning towards forest as well. They have done some tree upgrades with Unity 5 that makes them much more realistic. I wonder if we can get a pond in a template?

Rumblebore They have in the SotA store where you can throw money in as a goal for mounts ingame ( But I don't think its going to make it in time for launch) So as of the start of the game we wont have mounts.

I was thinking about throwing some money at a horse... but I'm going to hold off. I'd rather have more bank space as I doubt we'll see that goal met before launch.

I like several of the items listed there and forsee use of them within the town on our lots. As I understand, having these items in the Town itself will be up to the Developers so we will likely need to decorate up our places to enhance the towns feel for Jousting.

It would be nice to get unique decorations within the town related to Equestrianism (horses, riding, etc) but I guess that is a dream.

Speaking of which, to hi-jack this thread, does anyone know if you can purchase multiple bank upgrades? Or is it 1 per customer?

Yes they just infacted listed bank storage upgrades in there store yesterday.

I like several of the items listed there and forsee use of them within the town on our lots. As I understand, having these items in the Town itself will be up to the Developers so we will likely need to decorate up our places to enhance the towns feel for Jousting.

It would be nice to get unique decorations within the town related to Equestrianism (horses, riding, etc) but I guess that is a dream.

Don't be to quick to think they wouldnt give us a unique deco. They have been working alot with players and guilds in game so far. And were not dealing with Big corp like EA anymore.

ALRIGHTY....We have some decisions and a nice layout and plans to submit which I will do so on MONDAY NIGHT.

FIrst off here is the document I am submitting with the Player Town proposal for our......HONOR HOLD.

I will say that Balandar and I are leveraging Starr Long's commitment that he has made to the realm that JOUSTING WILL BE PART OF THE GAME at RELEASE....albeit coconut jousting at first...the system of JOUSTING WILL EXIST. (watch the second videos where I get answers directly from Lord Blackthorn and Lord British personally)

WE WILL BE THE HOME BASE and FOCUS LOCATION for JOUSTING TOURNAMENTS.

That being said the layout of our HOLD has the allotted housing slots. https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=41907

1 TOWN LOT (for the LORD FOUNDER house I have for the starting guild house) https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?p=40207#lordHomes (we will have underground Arena Room)

11 VILLAGE LOTS (Citizen, Eldermann or Knight) 1 Location will be used for the PAVILLION that Balandar has purchased for HOLD work stations https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=9085

32 ROW LOTS (all other members of T.H.E. pre game ranks that will need to purchase in or out of game a Lot deed) Who will be your neighbor? https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=9085

(REMEMBER you can also EXPAND DOWNWARD in CELLAR purchases up to 4 levels for a row house.....fo 5 level row house and 5 level cellar = 9 floors!!! more space than Town Lot.)

As you look at the Layout....we are reserving the one Village slot near the 32 Row housing area near the entrance of the Hold to be for someone interested in being the Barkeeper/Brothel/Casino Owner and Operator....Minimum it is a Bar with convenient judicial and prison next door...heheh Games of chance Casinos (Basement) will eventually come into the game and all good Bars do have some comforts for the weary traveler upstairs. HEAVY Roleplaying position but....Richard, Starr and all the dev team have already committed to visiting and frequenting the Player Owned Town establishments.

I have taken liberty to provide int he layout ROYAL HOUSE and ROYAL CHURCH/HALL for Realm dignitaries that visit and/or attend the Monthly Official Jousting Tournament for the realm if not smaller weekly ones that may be conducted by guilds. WE WILL BE THE HOME OF THE GAME MECHANICS and SYSTEM for JOUSTING scoring etc....whoot!!!

Again...that being said I took some creative liberty and put in those Royal Housing and the JOUSTING area LYSTS themselves .....if this FOOTPRINT is larger than a normal HOLD....who cares....there is room to scrunch it. OUR HOUSING SPACES are within the rules and not more.....the extra are for the DEVS to use and have as a warp in point etc....and are designed with the Roleplaying and Storyline content behind it.....including the CONWEC RIVER that runs beside the HOLD, Swamp of Souls and even the small Lake Dupre.....all have references to our UO days.

(Jon Snyder who died was Baltazar Con Wec....and we will be building a quest in his honor of INVISIBILITY, Swamp of Souls and small lake refer to areas around Olympus north of Trinsic and DUPRE is the famous Knight and Lord of HONOR from Ultima Online.....connection to Richard Garriott.

The Massive statue arch depicted is just freeking cool as hell and will be adored with Coat of Arms Banners of Lord British (Richard Garriott) and Lord Blackthorn (Starr Long-DarkStar) who will lead the game engines opposing major factions. The HOLD will have our Guild Coat of Arms on banners throughout the Garrison building fronts and on our Guild Lord House. etc.

The Layout (SOUTH IS UP and NORTH is DOWN FYI) is so that as the sun sets it will keep sunlight on the LYSTS for as long as possible....the highest level of HOLD.....that slopes down to the ROW Housing level that the entry is on and farming area. Yes you will be able to Jump off the South Wall into Lake Dupre.....(Lord British loves diving for treasure I heard)

MOAT we built that runs the north side of the HOLD will be populated with Gators...good for hides n meat gathering....Swamps with snakes, spiders and creepy crawlies n spectral Ghosts (some for quests).....the Lake will be for abundant fishing of course and lost plunder quests in time as well....rumor has it there is a beast that lives in there but rarely is seen....as there are rumored under cave systems that are unexplored and reach into the SAWTOOTH Mountains.

The Town Crier will be COLIN MOR (stationed near the JOUSTING ARCH) and will announce information on tournaments etc.....loves wine and cheese in exchange for secrets.

The HOLD NPC Building will be a BANK

Teller = Gordan (reference to WoW Treasurer for years)

Guard = Arthil (reference to Arthil of UO who would protect our raiding loot)

Now we hope to keep growing over time but at this point we are a HOLD size and can accommodate 8 Village size Home owners and 32 Regular Row Houses (Remember you can expand in CELLAR purchases)

post-3-0-01991900-1433095696_thumb.png

Rumblebore's idea on the Blacksmith being of "dwarf" female origin is a winner....and we will go with it and push for it via the lore of the underground caverns in Lake Dupre that will gain access to places within SAWTOOTH mountains.....Dwarvin areas?

A shout out to Sindee.....THANK YOU FOR DONATION to the GUILD....we will look to use it for getting our ARENA under the Guild Hall....THANK YOU.

Starr announced the game will launch this year....so I am thinking pre Holiday.....THANKSGIVING as a target they probably are looking to hit.

Start SPREADING NEWS and keep checking on the SoTA page as they will surely be doing quick impromtu sales or events in game to support the launch and beta time coming soon.

The ROW HOUSING we will try to keep the neighbors of similar housing designs....ie ....4 storys next to each other....vs in between a 2 story or 1 story lot.

5 Story housing will start in Corner and work Southward (yup you will be able to see over the wall for sure by at least 1 level (duck when Catapults start flying)

(Can someone find a link with all the kinds of Village and Row Housing....was unable to locate it...I know it exists with pictures....just found this) https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=44577

I think the row houses should be a chaotic mix of different heights and types to lend itself to the village feel you see in movies. I like chaos. What would be cool is if a row house has a open roof top that you can use. I plan on having an alter on my roof so I can see the Stars and moon phases. I need to make my powerful enchanted items and that can only occur during certain phases.

Edited by Balandar
no spell check on tablet