Corellia Dailies Overview

Martok

ick... looks like that the dailies will be worse than the current ones (same/less cash than ilum and belsavis, and will likely take more time than them)... and so far they only give daily commendations.

I'd rather do the new corellia dailies than the ilum ones which are somewhat of a waste, 4 things to do and one is ALWAYS bugged.

I think what's happening is there's a lot of expectations people have of the game, or want to see things added that are like <insert feature from another MMO> that haven't been addressed.

I was looking forward to space combat being (hopefully) like the Jump to Light Speed stuff in SWG but that wasn't the case. Personally I would have preferred that leveling to 50 takes several months but that isn't the case either.

I think people are expecting too much from an MMO that's hardly 3 months old. Trion tried to keep pushing more and more stuff out after launch to keep people playing but Rift had an identity crisis from the begining and a lack of story to back it up. TOR has a well-thought out story to it, and obviously that's where BioWare spent more of their time during development. If anything, I think they launched before they were ready. Rift had a very clean launch but had lousy content. TOR has a rough start but much more (albeit some still lousy) content.

Still, I'm curious why you guys are complaining that BioWare is "trying" (apparently not what you're looking for, but still "trying") to address the general populus's concerns and yet you're still unhappy.

Still, I'm curious why you guys are complaining that BioWare is "trying" (apparently not what you're looking for, but still "trying") to address the general populus's concerns and yet you're still unhappy.

There is nothing to do in game but level alts. If you log in at anytime on a weekday before 4pm, you'll see anywhere from 16 to 25 people on the fleet. Thats it. Took nearly 45 minutes earlier today to get one PvP queue to pop. End game they have two operations which are on a timer. Even if we were able to get them down, thats two evenings worth of play. The PvP (which people like to do as filler from PvE) is so terrible that its more hassle than its worth. There is no space content (again, more filler).

Maybe they launched before they were ready. I've never been so bored with a mmo so fast. Bioware over promised and under delivered. They continue to over promise and not deliver. What they are trying to do is put a bandage on a game that needs heart surgery. 1.2 was supposed to fix all of our concerns. It hasn't.

I will continue to play until my subscription runs out (July) or Guild Wars 2 is released.

There's almost always a hundred on the fleet when I get home from work, so it's quite likely the bulk of the population is indeed east coast. Having a more robust crafting or harvesting system could also blow away some time. The JTL patch for space combat would be something as well.

I definitely agree that there is a lot of filler content (for instance Quesh). *shrug*

On the other hand, if you look at TOR as a BioWare game, I get the feeling they *want* you to replay the game (i.e. level an alt) so that you learn more of the story they want to tell. That ties in with their legacy system which for phase 1 isn't terrible but definitely expandable for future content.

Yes, Its a bioware game, and like the rest of thier stuff, its full of bugs, but it has great story telling. I just wish that they would fix content instead of doing massive changes to the class system and adding new content, that will of course introduce many more bugs. I read a thread on the PTR, where a group of rakata geared/optimised mods/BiS raiders, etc, who have done the speed runs on nightmare mode for both ops, and they say the story mode of the new op is challenging. That sort of comment does not bode well for people that arent' fully rakata geared and hardcore raiders - as story mode should require just the previous story mode gear (which is columi/tionese mix).

Pretty much this is the issue going forward: Too many changes, not enough bug fixes, poor tuning, and they are making the game more grindy.

I predict that they will lose many subscriptions. (they have already lost 500 000, and are down to 1.7 million as of their last report).

• 3 weeks later...