Choose a Legacy Last Name

Balandar

From SWTOR.com:

Hey Everyone,

This build has our first iteration of the Legacy System! At its core the Legacy system is about allowing players to create a family tree of characters. Family is pretty important to the Star Wars universe, with the Skywalker family having one of the most interesting dynamics in movie history. This version is just the foundational components that we will use to build upon in the future. Here are the features of this iteration:

• Once your character has completed their Chapter 1 storyline, they will be able to choose a Legacy Last Name. This Legacy Last Name must be unique and is shared across all characters on that server - so choose carefully!
  • Once you have unlocked your Legacy, any and all characters on that server will now contribute to that player's Legacy Experience Points. Much like normal experience points, when you reach certain Legacy thresholds, you will increase your Legacy Level.

We already have plans for how we will expand the functionality of the Legacy System in one of our major post-ship patches. This will include being able to shape your Legacy's family tree, and give you a reward for all those Legacy Levels.

We look forward to reading your feedback on the Legacy System!

--James

Edited by Balandar
SWTOR says it's not across all servers.

More on this:

You can choose to do one of the following:

- Display your legacy name as your last name ("Raiel Firewalker")

- Display your legacy name below your name

Raiel

The Firewalker Legacy

- or choose to hide it altogether. This choice can differ per character.

This feature seems really interesting. Gives a new dimension to leveling alts. I am concerned however of not being able to change your last name later on. It seems like such a huge and important impact on the way ppl would play the game. I would really hate to choose something only to change my mind later, ouch!

Not a fan of having every char i create with the same name. Although i do love the fact they show it as a last name as an option.

Since one char will be for RP and others for whatever i want. having to keep the same legacy name could be a pain. but i think i'll go with the 2nd option of

Char Name

Of The Whatever Legacy

in my case would be

Rayvaughn

Of The Steamy Legacy

Hrrrm, this leads me to another question. Can you pick a common Legacy name? Since they don't seem to have much impact on the coded character parts?

The reason I ask is I'm probably going to pick a very common "Legacy" name and if I'm running around with say "Skywalker" and someone else wanted to pick that will they be able too as long as our first names are different?

• 3 weeks later...

May just add to the race to finish that first step....

I am planning on going the route of sorts from the Klingon "House of" to utilize the legacy system in my background fiction ......Stonewall Outpost on VOSS.....characters of my account will be "working" from that outpost but have thier own history....just wont show a different last name.

Rewards will be akin to the Guild Rewards within WOW I bet....since we were given that survey...and it all was about "guild rewards" and literally every line was from WoW listings.

But that being all said I bet in future points they will allow us to "link" characters to the legacy or branch em....or start a new one knowing it will not add to the account legacy.....starting simple I think they are and will work thru the programming in the future.

I am planning on going the route of sorts from the Klingon "House of" to utilize the legacy system in my background fiction ......Stonewall Outpost on VOSS.....characters of my account will be "working" from that outpost but have thier own history....just wont show a different last name.

Rewards will be akin to the Guild Rewards within WOW I bet....since we were given that survey...and it all was about "guild rewards" and literally every line was from WoW listings.

But that being all said I bet in future points they will allow us to "link" characters to the legacy or branch em....or start a new one knowing it will not add to the account legacy.....starting simple I think they are and will work thru the programming in the future.

HOUSE OF MARTOK!

HOUSE OF MARTOK!

... Didn't you mention in another thread on the clan skullcrusher side you wanted "Ballsack"

I'm going for Ethop, just like in SWG hehe

I used to have a main called Inaki Ethop, and an alt named Iriko Ethop.

By family, do they mean I could for example have one of you guys be a part of my family ? We could all be Ethop's :D