Addons and Requests

Waldonnis

The use of addons was enabled again in build 12857. Of course there are some bugs in Blizzard's UI code, but some existing addons do work. That being said, many addons will not work at all or will act very funny due to the Cataclysm changes.

If you have addons that you can't live without or would really prefer to have, check WoWInterface's Cataclysm Beta download section first to see if an update is posted already. Many authors are in the beta and have already begun updating things.

Some authors might not have time to play on the beta servers or have a beta key (they should, but if they never asked...). In those cases, feel free to post what you need fixed in this thread. As long as the code isn't too funky, I just might be able to get some of the functionality to work again. I make no promises, of course, and respect the distribution rights of any other authors in question, so I won't be uploading fixed versions to the major sites. At the very least, though, I can help you get your copy fixed.

Some of the "heavier" addons may take some work and time. Hefty addons like Pitbull are daunting to fix up, so I may end up declining if I can't make any headway or if it will take too much time (most of those addons have multi-author teams). In short, it's worth a try, but don't get your hopes up :)