Then and Now....

Coldren

Hail friends! It has been a long time since I have posted on these boards, and even longer since I have come to the realm of Sosaria. Some people may remember me (or better :smash: ), and some of you may have no idea who I am, and in any case, glad to see everyone still comes by these boards from time to time.

As stated before, it's been a long time since I played Ultima Online, although I find I miss the family that is PGoH more with every passing day. If I may indulge, let me explain where I have been and what I have been doing.

Gamewise, I currently play Dark Age of Camelot, Percival Albion. My name there is Blackblade, a level 46 Paladin and high council member of the largest guild on the server, Divinity, with 248 active characters played by 144 members. I have made many new friends in this guild that consists of many good people who took me in as family, but with few exceptions, find it pales in comparison to the commrodary (sp) I used to feel in UO.

In the real world, I've been quite busy  with college and my fraternity up until this summer, and have only 1 more semester until I venture to a world distinictivly different from academia. I am currently in Ohio interning for a company as a Web Designer and general Tech Support agent, should the need arise.

As such, money for me is very  VERY tight, and although I wish to come back to UO, I am faced with a delimma that maybe old friends can help me solve.

Those of you specifically who played in VV in DAoC and came back to UO: Why did you do it? Is the new content being added constantly making UO so much better? Do you find that all your old friends play here more then they did DAoC?

Aside from the the friends I miss in UO, I'm looking for a reason, which pertains to the game, to come back. I'm looking for insight into how much the game has changed, how the guild has changed, why it's better, and why it will last.

Any ideas or examples anyone can point out here would be greatly appreciated. When all is said and done, I will hopefully at some point come back to UO anyway, but just would like to see if it'd be worth buying UO:LBR as well as finding  a way to scrape up the cash for 2 montly fees.  :p

Thanks for the ear... Strength and Honor!

UO has a lot more social interaction then DAoC. That is the main reason I went back to UO. I got tired of the same ol' same ol' in DAoC. Logging in to kill monsters to gain levels. That's not much fun. The only thing DAoC has over UO is it's graphics. Maybe UO2.0 (rumor) will change that. I have yet to find a game with as much content and social interaction as UO.

Simple question Balandar, but where did you hear this rumor? They already scrapped the last attempt at UO 2 (that lead the monstrosity known as UO3D)...

Just curious where you heard it from.

BTW, I'm back.. look for fiction soon. :smash:

I am still hopping from game to game.. (DAoC-UO)

I have a lot of friends in both.. and I just can't get enough of frying everything in RvR that moves with my wizzie  :devil:

Red and Koopsta are back with the Empire.. Send me an icq next time your online, I need somebody to practice my combos on.. my PvP is rusty to say the least. hehe

:smash:  :p  :smash:  :smash:  :smash:  :devil:

EQ, DAoC I believe. They are talking about the unreal engine and the like... but it's all a rumor and some of the OSI reps have mentioned UO2.0 before. So who knows.. maybe it is just another expansion on the UOTD look. I hope not. I really liked DAoC's graphics... but it just wasn't UO. If UO had those looks with the way UO is now.. that would be awesome!. Houses in 3d, riding around on horses in 3d, 3d moongates, Olympus.. it would take a hell of a lot of work I bet to do something like that.. but it would be worth it!

I will work on finding out information....

so far all I have found is a mass of new programmers for 3 D engine are being recruited.   Lines are forming and Centurions are leading the training of these units currently to the Legion functions of OSI......

Some form of military action seems immenent......I will continue to seek the GODS audience. :smash: