Requesting abit of all your help

Volonazra

As we all know, AD is riddled with immersion and policy breaking behavior and names of characters as well as guilds. It always has been an irritation, but now-a-days its just plain out of control.

What Im asking you all to help with is reporting the problem by way of ticketing. Report often, report en mass, report until it hurts. Hopefully you all know it is up to us to police the server.

Heres how:Click the lil red ? question mark, click report to GM/open a ticket, choose Behavioral, choose Verbal, write an detailed and thorough message. done.

I ask that you dont just report a single name per ticket. Make a list of names (both character and guild names), and report them all at once. Saves you time and energy.

Response times are rather long; lots of tickets this time of year. If you are online long enough, you will be contacted by a GM. When you are contacted, remember: dont panic.

Remain calm and answer the questions. When they ask "Is there anything else I can assist you with?" (they are required to do so, happens every time) Use that as an opportunity to report even MORE. If you dont have more names in mind, type /who [zoneofchoice]. Low level zones are the worst effected usually. Personally, I will go with /who barrens and any other mid teen - low 20 area.

Post here any thoughts and experiences to pass on. As well as, any real abominations that need reported extensively.

Happy reporting. :gruntwink2:

• 2 weeks later...

I report the blatant ones, especially the high levels. Sometimes they've gotten back to me in a reasonable amount of time, while others, they seem to just act on it without further contact. It's definitely a worthwhile effort and doesn't take long to do :yub: Strangely enough, I seem to mostly see and report Alliance night elf rogues or hunters...go figure :nub:

• 5 weeks later...

This server is PACKED! I agree with you V on the names and some guild names, but with so many names being used, and only 1st names at that, it gives the "offenders" some pull, but I will without a doubt chip in :(

On a side note, it seems some a while back didnt like my mages name "Ultima". If the guild has a problem with it I'll try and fix it one way or another. I know it wasnt a mass problem, just some stinky orc didnt like it :D

I find most short names dont bother me, such as "Ultima", i guess it fits in with superhero naming conventions perhaps although that doesn't exactly merge with high fantasy seamlessly its better than nothing...

perhaps its a bias :) with my Haq and Hyku :)

I find them to be much less detrimental to immersion than "trunkajunkfunk" or some such. (which i saw the other day - or something close to it)

Ah, Houli- that Trunkajunkfunk is actually Zatrain dialect Trollese. A little known tribe from the Zolor Hills in interior Zatrain, the name is typical of their naming conventions. Trunk is the actual family name of the group, with the a at the end denoting a male.(e is the female suffix) Junk would be similar to our first name and funk is a typical usage for the Zatrain's obsession with colorful, descriptor words for an individual. So, what seems to be an idiotic jumble of unrealistic role playing garbage words, is actually a well thought out WOW Troll name!!

Or..err..this could be another 14 year old LEET that has come to our rp server. Nah, never seen much of them.... :)

• 4 weeks later...

.. yeah you should see the crap that turns up in the damn cross server battlegrounds.. happyballs.. jiggyballs.. an half a billion crass hybrids like that.. hell some of them are so blantent you have to ask yourself is blizzard retarded? how could they have made it to level 70.. with full arena gear an not get banned.. they dont bother to just do an armory search with ' balls ' in it? that would result in like 100's of accounts being banned.. but i guess as long as no one reports it they ignore it.. why shut off a source of income.. some things though are kinda stupid.. whoever the idiot is that reported calender should hang their head in shame.. having your name changed because its ' something you hang on your wall '.. is simply silly.. I have seen that name in various fantasy novels.. an the like.. ahh well..

Unfortunately the naming conventions don't apply on PvP and PvE servers. Only if it is truly offensive. I really don't understand why Blizzard allows names like that on non-rp servers, but they do. ???