MyUO - Use it!

Coldren

How many of you old timers remember MyUO? How many of you youngin's never heard of it?

Well, you should get to know it. It's a valuable tool for some of us indecisive folk. I for one am at an impasse in what I can solo given my equipment and skillset, so I'm considering changing around me skills a bit.

So how do you use it, what good is it?

Go to http://my.uo.com/cgi-bin/myuo.pl, and sign in. This isn't necessarily your UO account name that you use, so you may have to register one. I'm sure you could use it, but you can also use a character name. I can tell you my MyUO account name is Coldren, but that is definitely not my UO account name.

So sign in and do a character search for one of your characters (Char Search on the left). Once you find your character, a paperdoll will show what you were wearing the last time MyUO updated. You'll see a "Status" button next to it. Click on that. You'll see that it will list your skills and stats, and at the bottom is a checkbox saying:

Make this character page visible to the world

Check that and hit change! Now whenever anyone wants to know your stats/skills, you can refer them to the MyUO site!

I for one would like to know the skills a few of you use. Here's my simplistic template that served me well prior to AoS (Well, now it has Chivalry instead of Archery), but is a bit long in the tooth now:

Coldren

Strength and Honor!

Edited by Coldren

I changed Thom and Laurana for you to look at if you want. Laurana has a template thats close to yours. If you need anything let me know I have a lot of extra stuff laying around your welcome to.

I changed Thom and Laurana for you to look at if you want. Laurana has a template thats close to yours. If you need anything let me know I have a lot of extra stuff laying around your welcome to.

Glad you posted.. Laurana's specs were what I was originally looking for. Hehe.. That is pretty close, but obviously you have some better gear, a few more stat points, and by the looks of things, a few more skill points.

Edited by Coldren

It's a 720 skill cap, not sure what yours are but you could always lose some points out of anat or tactics. She's used a 20 stat scroll too. The gear isnt really all that special, its mostly just barbed runic made leather armor except a few peices.

• 3 weeks later...

Fing! Glad to see you around, old man! :thumbsup: Been quite some time, even when I tried to play Midgard in DAoC with you all those years ago.

Thom:

Aye, I only have 615 allocated at the moment. My spec used to be:

GM Sword/Tac/Parry/Arch/Anat/Healing and about 74 resist. (This was from before GM'ing resist was anywhere close to easy for a melee character).

I since dropped the Archery for Chivalry, as I like the Paladin title next to my name.. Heh.. But since Resist is nothing like it used to be, I soul stoned that, and have a cap of 710 or 715 (Can't remember which.. Just what you get for the account age reward.. no scrolls as of yet.)

My dilemma is that since now you need some skills OVER 100, I can't decide on what I'd want to take handicapped to account for the points needed to make other skills useful, or if I should just work with these skills. These skills might be fine enough to work with, but since I have absolutely NO good gear, I can't see this template working. Maybe it's possible if you have artifacts, stat scrolls, etc... But I don't think that's in the cards for me.

So I'm always keeping an eye out for good ideas that don't require a particularly large amount of time or money. :swoon: